My small NSV

Options
This morning I really really wanted to stop and get a sausage, egg and cheese biscuit along with a large coke from McDonalds. I came very close to going but decided I really didn't want to waste all of the hard work I have put in this week, so I went home and had a small bowl of cereal instead. I am very proud of myself for doing this. Before joining MyFitnessPal and looking at other people's success, I know I would have given in and gone to McDonalds. Small victory for me :drinker:

Replies

• nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Your attitude is changing and that is no small victory...it's HUGE!! Way to go!!
  • ashleydanforth1
    ashleydanforth1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I did something similar i had a chocolate chip cookie and latte today and normally that would "ruin my diet" so i would eat junk all day till tomorrow. I came home and had a salad for lunch and after calculating my cookie and latte i really didnt ruin anything :)
  • Hiskhaleesi
    Hiskhaleesi Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Good Job! I can't stomach the idea of undoing all the hard work I do each week... McDonalds just isnt worth it!
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I love reading NSV stories like this. Congrats on flexing your willpower muscle.
  • ItsVJ
    ItsVJ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    That is a HUGE victory because it means that you are truly changing your behavior - even the small stuff! Good for you!!
    You should be VERY proud of yourself!
  • mikejholmes
    mikejholmes Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    No such thing as a "small" NSV -- they are all HUGE!
    Celebrate your victory! Nice job!
  • perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    That. Is. AWESOME! With each little urge you fight like that makes it easier. :bigsmile:
  • phreekles
    phreekles Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Is that a mcmuffin? I didn't realise americans called mcmuffins biscuits.
  • blondie3_04
    blondie3_04 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    No, it is called a sausage and egg biscuit on the menu.
  • blondie3_04
    blondie3_04 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! The best thing about this website is the support from others.
  • briones007
    Options
    Way to go!! It's so hard to avoid it because your brain WANTS it sooo bad! But the hard work isn't worth the 10 minutes of taste! Plus afterwards you feel guilty and then get mad!! Wahoooooo for small victories! keep it up!
  • karenrace
    Options
    Way to go! Those breakfast sandwich cravings can be really hard to resist, so high five to you!
  • HSmom47
    HSmom47 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a new member and so thankful for this site and posts like yours.
    Congrats on your battle won.
    If we win enough battles, we win the war!
  • IamLoriJ
    IamLoriJ Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    that is a great victory! I know how hard driving by that drive thru can be. McDonalds has always been my weak spot too but congratulations for holding your own today!
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Great job! Just an FYI in case you have a really strong breakfast sandwich craving, if you get the whole when english muffin sandwich from subway they are around 200 cals plus all the veggies you can add on.....that's my go to when I really want a breakfast sandwich on the go.
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Great choice!!! Awesome NSV!
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Great NSV and choice!! I switched to mainly have cereal and milk for breakfast at home (versus hittting the McDonald's drive thru) and found I enjoy that few minutes at home before heading out to work. Also, able to reduce number of calories consummed for breakfast. Thank you for sharing.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Small victories lead to even bigger ones. Way to go!
  • Katetw
    Katetw Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Wow! Well done working the willpower. That is huge!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!