Drink Recipes?

Options
country
country Posts: 57
I am having a blast with this diet but the one thing I miss the most is an afternoon cocktail or brewsky. I have resorted to captain morgan and diet coke because it is only 60 calories an ounce. Does anyone have any suggestions on good drink recipes or low calorie beer?

Replies

• country
    country Posts: 57
    Options
    I am having a blast with this diet but the one thing I miss the most is an afternoon cocktail or brewsky. I have resorted to captain morgan and diet coke because it is only 60 calories an ounce. Does anyone have any suggestions on good drink recipes or low calorie beer?
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    i dont know what brand it is, but i know there's a beer out there that is like 60 calories or something!

i think that's as low as you're going to get... alcohol = lots of calories!!!
  • tarakeet0369
    Options
    michelob ultra is 95 cal a beer!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I actually just looked up some of my fav. drinks on here and I'm happy to report that Mikes Light Hard Cranberry Lemonade has 98 calories! :drinker:
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    in food someone posted a 5-0 Cosmo I tried it Yum.............54 calories
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I buy raspberry flavoured vodka and mix it with diet 7-up, there is not calories in the pop so it would just be the vodka that you get your calories from
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I like Malibu and Diet Coke... basically the same thing you're drinking except w/ Malibu you get a little bit more "tropical" flavor.... 70 cal per drink.
  • MustLoveCake
    Options
    Hmm...champagne is about 75 cals for 3-4 oz. Top it off with oj (mimosa) and you have another 100 calories.

*sigh*

I think if you go extra brut then you're extra low in cal? (is that true?)

But it sure does taste nice with a picnic!
  • MustLoveCake
    Options
    PS Spirits are lower in sugars. It's the additives (the mixers) that kill ya!!
  • ginspeachy
    Options
    I heard that its not just the carbs that kill ya but alcohol is responiable for belly fat gain. That it increases the production of cortisol. Does anyone know if this is true? Also how much alcohol does it take to cause a significant change?? My problem area is my belly but I would love to be able to have a drink or two.:drinker: