Options
bushokie
bushokie Posts: 180 Member
anyone try running the pose method or barefoot..reviews ,tips

Replies

• ox45
    ox45 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I run with a pair of Vibram Five Fingers and love it! It has taken the stress off of my knees and made running a lot more enjoyable.

I actually just bought a new pair yesterday because there is a ridiculous sale going on them through Slick Deals. I'm not sure if it's cool to post links to sales, so I will shoot you the address in a PM. The pair I bought were only $35, so it's not too bad of an investment to try it. If you don't like it, they always make great gym or water shoes!
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Personally not a fan. Tried it and had mass problems with my feet and ankles, but certainly could have been due to doing too much, too soon, etc. Or not breaking in properly. I do know several people who swear by them and are injury free. I do best with Asics and get a new pair every six months or so, but I am not a big runner.
  • marathon_mama
    marathon_mama Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    NEVER
  • greenmeena
    greenmeena Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT. I trained up to it very very slowly, actually running barefoot where I could- brand new pavement feels like silk! I read everything I could on the 'net about it, read books and watched training vids.

I have fallen arches. The biggest success for me is that I HAVE ARCHES!!!!! My foot print is totally different. My ankles and feet are stronger, and this all did happen gradually. I run in Merrell barefoot shoes now. I can go further and faster than when I ran in "foot coffins". Lol!

You must must must train up slow. If your feet are used to arched shoes with heel lifts, you can cause problems in your achilles tendon, your gastrocs, even the bones in your feet. Train slow and you will never look back. I can't run in big clunky shoes now that I have felt how graceful and beautiful and natural it is to run this way, the way we are meant to run. Read everything you can on the subject, watch videos on proper form, educate yourself and give it a go. It's so worth it.

I now wear only barefoot style shoes at work and so forth. I used to have knee and hip issues, which have corrected due to better alignment. I used to get knee problems from running, and now I am never ever injured. I don't get tired. It's amazing!

best of luck!
  • bushokie
    bushokie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    thank you i've been shopping but i have a really wide foot so its been interesting but new balance show for barefoot running i may try
  • Viola47
    Viola47 Posts: 121
    Options
    I have high arches and wide feet (at least in my toe/forefoot area) and I use Merrell Barefoot shoes ( the Dash Glove - it has a bit more cushioning than the other runners in their Barefoot series - that's what they told me in the store, at least). I had to buy a half size bigger than my normal shoe size. I LOVE my "barefoot" shoes. I was having toe numbness before, but not with these shoes, even after going for over an hour.

As for pose... I was wearing "minimalist" shoes before (ie cheap, flexible shoes with thin soles, and less than 4mm lift), so the transition wasn't a big deal for me. I did have a little calf soreness after my first long run, but nothing unexpected. Also, I've always been a forefoot/midfoot striker, so I didn't have to deal with that aspect of changing to barefoot running.

Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!