How can sensibly up my protein and fat?

Options
After looking on a few posts about eating your daily calorie limit and still feeling hungry, it seems upping proteins and fats helps keep you fuller. Looking at my diary today, that could explain why I'm so hungry still!

So How can I up my protein and fats sensibly? I'm especially thinking of work, when I usually have to work through lunch and need something quick and easy to prepare.

I'm lactose intolerant so the easy option of cheese is out

Replies

• Spadowski
    Options
    Brownberry makes a high-protein multigrain bread. You could put some peanut or almond butter on that and have the best of both worlds without dairy.
  • Jolene8992
    Jolene8992 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Egg whites for breakfast and after workout snack and lo cal greek yogurt
  • HealthyNowForever
    HealthyNowForever Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter, nuts, tuna, cottage cheese, cheese, greek yogurt, lean meats (chicken/pork/turkey), milk
  • martinh78
    Options
    Salmon, nuts, tuna, full fat dairy.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    After looking on a few posts about eating your daily calorie limit and still feeling hungry, it seems upping proteins and fats helps keep you fuller. Looking at my diary today, that could explain why I'm so hungry still!

So How can I up my protein and fats sensibly? I'm especially thinking of work, when I usually have to work through lunch and need something quick and easy to prepare.

I'm lactose intolerant so the easy option of cheese is out

Thinking outside the box here but..
    Learn your hunger times and save some meals for those times. Maybe eat less food but more frequently. Eating big meals with fat n protein can only keep you full for so long.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Tuna in oil, seeds, nuts, cheese, salmon, peanut butter, chicken breast with avocado, whole eggs