my first binge :(

Options
Hi ive never posted on here before but im so upset with myself!I have tried myfitness before and gave up but three weeks ago i booked a holiday and the thought of getting into my summer clothes makes me want to cry. Within the first two week i have lost 5lbs and was doing well, really got into my diet, i was eating healthy but still allowing myself a meal out with friends or partner once a week. So today i have felt so hungry and cold, i have tried to distract myself all morning and took my little one for a walk, i got back home and bam, ive just binged on everything, soup, dry toast, biscuits, chocolates and pizza i could litterally cry will i ever loose weight, i just feel so hungry :(

Replies

• tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I used to do the same thing until I learned to "fill up" on foods that were less calorie dense. Strawberries, celery, lettuce, carrots, even grapes, tangarines and apples. Even lean chicken and fish (especially salmon) will work. The biscuits, chocolate & pizza are far too calorie dense to eat in large quantities or with any frequency when you're trying to lose those pounds! Good luck to you!
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I do the same thing but... get right back on track. You will feel like crap for a few days. Don't give up. I am maintaining and this seems to happen about once a month. Usually when I have an event or dinner or party. I have a few glasses of wine and then start eating. I want everything in site!! I am not sure if this will ever end but.. I am getting better at stopping during regular days.

Saw this quote and it helps:

If you're heading somewhere in the car and wanted to get there by 5, but realized you were going to be a few minutes late, would you just give up and swerve into a bridge abutment?
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I sat down last night and ate an entire box of cheez-its over the course of the evening. I'm back up two pounds from a couple days ago. Pick yourself up and don't let it send you into a tailspin of despair. Just do better today.
  • nomorepizza2
    nomorepizza2 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've been dieting for a few months now and I've fallen off the wagon several times (always the weekend!).
    Don't know about you guys but once a binge has started, it's like I'm incapable of stopping it, like a runaway train of gluttony!
    I think resisting that initial urge is the key to beating the binge.
  • kaitgettingfit
    Options
    I've been dieting for a few months now and I've fallen off the wagon several times (always the weekend!).
    Don't know about you guys but once a binge has started, it's like I'm incapable of stopping it, like a runaway train of gluttony!
    I think resisting that initial urge is the key to beating the binge.

I totally agree. I'm the same way, I know that once I allow myself "a little bite" it'll spiral out of control. So I avoid my trigger foods at all costs and I definitely keep them out of the house.
  • fespo276
    fespo276 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The worst thing you can do it let one episode sabotage your future. A binge is bad. You know what is worse? A binge which propels you back into an unhealthy lifestyle. Be thankful you recognize that it was wrong and that you want to change. It happened, you admitted it by posting. Time to move on!
  • PopCorn_Said
    Options
    I have binges every Wednesday and Sunday... it is family dinner time and I refuse to not eat my Nanna's cooking. So every morning I wake up, have some OJ and hit the treadmill. I know I won't burn the whole thing off, but it motivates me to stick to plan for the rest of the week.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I couldn't possibly count the number of times I've slipped up during my diet. You just have to keep on going. It might be worthwhile to figure out if there was a reason for the binge. Are your calories set too low? Do you fill up on a lot of sugar and not enough protein? Are you an emotional eater?

I eat when I'm stressed or emotional, so I've had to find ways to cope that don't involve food. If you're an emotional eater, too, it might be a good idea to start stocking up on different coping methods to try out.
  • MedinaR66
    Options
    Be encouraged. Just dust yourself off and keep on working towards your goal. You shouldn't be starving. It's a matter of finding lower calorie versions of the things you like. I made something yesterday that was amazing to me and I can't wait to eat it again. It was very filling and didn't have all the calories that I thought that it would.

1 muligrain flatbread
    2 tbsp of greek yogurt tziki (I forgot the correct spelling)
    2 veggie sausage patties
    1 fried egg
    about a half of avacado. (I ended up eating the rest of it)

I messed up today by eating 2 slices of meat lovers pizza that took over half of my calories. That's ok, I'm going to make a better choice for dinner.

Feel free to make me your friend.
  • christianivanka
    christianivanka Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Ive been in the same situations, a lot of times i lost 100lbs and i couldnt control myself my cravings were really strong, like an addict couldnt stop and i gained all my weigh back , didnt know why if i had lost 100lbs so easily. So i started my weight loss again but this time i went to a nutricionist because i didnt want to go through this again. And she told me the anwser is so simple, you are excersiing too much and your body is asking for more protein, and thats y u crave the wrong foods, so she recomended me to excersie less and eat no less than 1200 calories and the best thing ive ever tired is a supplement called L-GLUTAMINE before breakfast and before lunch on an empty stomach, and if u put it under your tongue it works instantly, stops cravings imediately. Hope i helped you!!!!!
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I can understand why you could feel so hopeless. Binge eating I feel is almost like an eating disorder. Just try to pick yourself up and say to your self tomorrow is another day, and just do your best not to binge again for a while. Sometimes what helps me is gulping down a HUGE glass of water or 2 until the feeling goes away. Good luck to you hun and try not to fret too much.
  • princessemmie
    Options
    Thank you everyone, im normally good at filling up with oats, veggis soups and loads of veg, i am a vegetarian but do try to eat lots of beans and lentil to boost my protein levels. we have no money to buy food for 2 weeks, so i wasnt able to fill up with lots of healthy food yesterday for my snack or bulk out my meal with veg. Luckily i have a really busy day today, childrens messy play this morning then to a friends this afternoon(shes also on a diet so should be ok for lunch) and zumba tonight, will try and get back on. Think it was just a shock as i am normally very organised in my nights off or treats they are always preplanned. I alsonoticed i binged on things that i dont even like, why they hell would i do this, it was like a sugar fix or something :s
  • princessemmie
    Options
    love this!!!

Saw this quote and it helps:

If you're heading somewhere in the car and wanted to get there by 5, but realized you were going to be a few minutes late, would you just give up and swerve into a bridge abutment?
    [/quote]