TDEE questions...

Options
Ok, so I have been very hesitant about eating my TDEE calories because it just seems so high to me! But I am diving in and changing it up since I haven't been losing lately! So I have a few questions...

1) have you eaten lower calories and it didn't work, then changed to TDEE and lost weight?
2) I don't eat back exercise calories, right? I never have, but I just want to make sure I'm doing this right...
3) How often should I recalculate my TDEE?

I had more, and now I can't remember!! Thank you in advance for responses! :glasses:

Replies

• heidi555
    heidi555 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi Steph you should check out the EM2LW there's lots of info on this way of eating.
    I love it :)
  • Jolene8992
    Jolene8992 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It works
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Don't eat exercise calories. Change your goals every 5 pounds lost. It works, in a strange way.
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You're eating less than TDEE, right? Like TDEE - 20% or TDEE - 500 cal.? Just eating TDEE won't result in any loss, but if you eat under it, you should do fine (of course everyone is different).

If you're using one of the TDEE methods you shouldn't eat back your exercise calories because they're already accounted for.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    1. yes
    2. yes
    3. it won't change that much, but check it out every 10 lbs. or so, or if you dramatically increase or decrease your activity level.

BTW, you COULD just eat at the TDEE of your goal weight . . . .
  • proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    1) Nope. you need to have calorie deficit to lose weight.

2) Yes, don't eat back the exercise calories. You should factor all that in your daily caloric budget so don't eat back.

3) Re-calculate every 10 lbs you lose.