I have a question about calories?

Options
My daily calorie intake is at 1720. When I go to the gym, I burn about 700 calories. Does this mean I have to eat 1720 plus what I burn at the gym? Do I have to eat back those calories or not? Thankyou for any help!

Replies

• anasantos61
    anasantos61 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I would eat half of that. how are you measuring your exercise burn?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    700 earned calories + 1720 needed to eat = 2420 calories you could eat that day without gaining.

Don't look at it as calories that are being shoved down your face-hole, look at it as "I busted my butt in the gym! YAY FOOD!" and eat them back.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    1700 is the number you need to consume to be at a caloric deficit and lose weight. If you burn off an additional 700 cals, then it puts you at 1000 net for the day. Not a good number.

So my advice: Eat back the calories, either all in one lump sum, or spread out through the day in smaller meals. It doesn't have to be 700 cals worth of leafy greens, there are a load of cals in nuts for example.

"Move more to eat more to lose weight."

Say it with me!
  • LaurenVamp
    LaurenVamp Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    700 earned calories + 1720 needed to eat = 2420 calories you could eat that day without gaining.

Don't look at it as calories that are being shoved down your face-hole, look at it as "I busted my butt in the gym! YAY FOOD!" and eat them back.

^^This, totally. Not face-hole rape! Never!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I would eat half of that. how are you measuring your exercise burn?

^^agreed.

50 - 75% to take account of inaccuracies in estimates.
  • jennifermarie16144
    Options
    Thankyou for the responses!! You have clarified what I thought to be right. Happy Thursday all!