Murdering the stretch marks???

Options
What's you're stretch mark removal tip? Most of mine are peach as well as several pinky ones, but I'm curious what you all do?

Replies

• FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    cocoa butter may reduce the appearance of them...but they are permanent.
    theyre like scars. wear them with pride.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    cocoa butter may reduce the appearance of them...but they are permanent.
    theyre like scars. wear them with pride.
    Yup. They're not going anywhere unless you get a tummy tuck.

I have them all over my stomach, and along the side of my torso. I have little, tiny, unnoticeable stretch marks on my inner thighs, arms, and breasts.

They suck, but I'm learning to wear them with pride. No way am I shelling out 8000 dollars and going through an immense amount of pain just to have them removed. I'm vain, but I'm also cheap.
  • yeraldin03
    Options
    This may sound scary a friend of mine did it and her marks look thin and white, Boric acid and Vitaming E oil. Mix it and apply it like cream around the affected area, wrap area with clear wrapping paper (the ones you use to cover dishes). Rinse in the morning, is an overnight technique i am going to try it and see what happens!
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQh18rsQdJyFDQ6_jrF9k5_LDsXtN0A765n3kuZJVJZMimEIEitsg

I love you Byn!!!!!

boric acid?!?! are you kidding me?? how bout scrubbing them off with some steele wool too
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Live with em. LOL. I have horrendous stretch marks all across my back and hips from puberty. (funny, I really love the tiny stretch marks I have on my biceps from lifting....)
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    This may sound scary a friend of mine did it and her marks look thin and white, Boric acid and Vitaming E oil. Mix it and apply it like cream around the affected area, wrap area with clear wrapping paper (the ones you use to cover dishes). Rinse in the morning, is an overnight technique i am going to try it and see what happens!
    BORIC ACID BURNS YOUR EFFING SKIN.

They're going to turn white and thin over time ANYWAYS. When they're red/peach/pink, they're still fresh and haven't fully healed.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

Boric acid is poisonous and causes liver damage. It is used in insecticides. It is also lethal to infants.

Let us know how it works.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

This is awesome! I love it!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Cocoa butter. My stretch marks were all pretty fresh, too, since I gained weight very quickly in a short amount of time (I have some pretty weird ones, too, from when my cortisol was very high). Many of mine have faded (except the weird ones... womp womp).

OP, don't use boric acid.

I can't.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Wait .. what?

Don't put boric acid on your skin.
  • nicolemtracy
    nicolemtracy Posts: 301 Member
    Options

Ha ha! Awesome. Thanks you guys. I'll just have to be satisfied when they turn white and don't show any more. :) Life goes on and stretch marks wont kill me, but being overweight might ;P
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I had a huge scar from my hip replacement and what worked on that was to open a vit E capsule and rub it on every day. Not sure if it would work as well for stretch marks but maybe worth a try. I have trouble finding my scar now.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound scary. It sounds like horribly bad, idiotic, dangerous advice. Do a test-patch first. I hope they have wireless from your hospital room.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Your best bet would be going back in time to before you got fat/pregnant/went through adolescence, and stop all that **** before it happens.

100% foolproof method.
  • yeraldin03
    Options
    Ahhh you know what forget it!! Is scary thanks for the feedback!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    can't remove them.
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Time, moisturizer and general good skin care. Mine were pretty terrible after the birth of my daughter, and now almost a year later, their still a little white and visible.

Instead of trying to change the way they look, you should try changing how you look at them :) I look at mine as badges of honor for being able to carry my daughter as long as I did, and then for being awesome and losing the weight I've lost so far.

Good luck!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Hey FYI I once read to put boric acid to remove a wart, including genital warts. BWAHAHAHA at the guy with boric acid on his wing-dinger!
  • todosalamierda
    Options
    They don't go away, sorry to say, but a trick used by a pregnant friend to avoid getting more was to mix denatured alcohol and glycerin and rub it like there's no tomorrow. They even sell the mix on a pharmacy here in my city... may be worth a try.