The Military Diet

Options
Has anyone heard of this 3 day diet to quickly shed some pounds? I know it's not a good long term diet, but I have a video taping coming up and I would like to look my best. Anyone tried it and does it work? http://themilitarydiet.com/military-diet-plan/

Replies

• hsmart603
    hsmart603 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    So I have done this in the past and it does work, but it isn't good for long term at all. I did drop the 10 pounds in 3 days but as soon as day 4 hit my weight jumped back as soon as you go off the diet. I was also VERY CRANKY due to everything being super low.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    If you're going to go on a super low cal diet, please at least eat veggies instead of hot dogs!
  • DrBroPHD
    DrBroPHD Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    If any military ever actually ate like this they would be defeated by a enemy force in about 2 minutes
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    haven't tried it. wouldn't try it.
  • LiveLifeLogically
    LiveLifeLogically Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I know it's not a good long term diet but I can totally tell if I'm a few pounds heavier whenever I have to do a taping.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I was in the Marines. I can say from experience the Military diet is the easiest of diets. Just make food so gross you don't want to eat it. That's what happened to me 4 years.
  • concavity
    concavity Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    If you're looking to slim down for a few days try a body wrap at a spa i think it might be called a cellulite wrap and it tightens your body for a day or so. Better than going on a crash diet that might screw with your metabolism.

Or just get really good spanx for taping days.
  • LiveLifeLogically
    Options
    Body wraps a good idea! Didn't think about that! Or maybe Ill visit the sauna a few days in a row. I just feel sooo bloated right now!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Has anyone heard of this 3 day diet to quickly shed some pounds? I know it's not a good long term diet, but I have a video taping coming up and I would like to look my best. Anyone tried it and does it work? http://themilitarydiet.com/military-diet-plan/

I saw another post on this yesterday, lots of mixed opinions ! Try a board search for the other posts

Personally I wouldn't, I felt lightheaded just reading it. I would prefer to lose weight through exercises than a crazy diet like that
  • concavity
    concavity Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    If you're bloated try cutting back on carbs, like breads and such but not good carbs like in fruits. And watch your salt intake carefully.
  • LiveLifeLogically
    Options
    Great ideas everyone! Thanks for the advice. I think I will first try cutting back on my carbs and salt in-take. I'm by no means overweight, I actually like the way I look, but on Video, that's a different story....everything gets skewed. Thanks again for reading my topic!