Spotting after working out? (Men of MFP - I'm sorry)

Options
So today I did 35 minutes on the elliptical on intervals (resistance 4, incline 2 for 2 min, resistance 6, incline 8 for 2 min) 5min cool down...then I came home, ate lunch and did my strength training with ChaLean Extreme while my husband was out doing PT. When he came home, we went to take a shower (:blushing: ) and I noticed a little bit of spotting...not a lot..just kind of pink. This is probably the second time this has happened this month. I did a little research online and I guess it's not uncommon after strenuous exercise but I've been consistently working out for almost 2 months and this has just started.

I'm not on birth control, I'm not pregnant (my tubes are tied), and my period just ended last Tuesday. I'm 32 so I'm not menopausal. I don't have any pain or cramping. Any ideas?

Edit: I haven't had sex recently either...well, within the last 36 hours. :)

Replies

• smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    When was your last PAP? Just asking, honestly though I wouldn't worry about it because I've also heard that exercise can cause spotting. Keep and eye on it and if you are concerned, have a gyn appointment
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Don't want to be a downer, but the same thing happened to me (light pink spotting after exercise). It turned out that I had two large tumors on my ovaries. Short story: had to have surgery, plus full hysterectomy, and chemotherapy.
  • Guchick18
    Guchick18 Posts: 17
    Options
    ok
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Don't want to be a downer, but the same thing happened to me (light pink spotting after exercise). It turned out that I had two large tumors on my ovaries. Short story: had to have surgery, plus full hysterectomy, and chemotherapy.

Wow I'm sorry that happened to you and I'm glad that it was caught in time. I hope you are doing well now.
  • fiendiish
    fiendiish Posts: 186
    Options
    Is there a possibilty you might be pregnant. The reason I ask is because something similiar happened to me and I ended up having a miscarriage and didnt even know, I too started spotting and didnt think nothing of it because I was working out a lot I thought it was normal.

No. I said in my post I'm not pregnant...my tubes are tied :D
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm cancer free now, but being sick for an extended period made me fat! That was adding insult to injury.
  • Guchick18
    Guchick18 Posts: 17
    Options
    Sorry I missed that.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    This happens to me as well. I didn't think it was issue enough to bring up to my Dr. at my pap. It only happens to me when I exercise around O time. I would say that if you are having it multiple times a month then I wouldn't hurt to bring it up to your dr.:flowerforyou: Hope it's nothing :heart:
  • jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    Better safe than sorry. This really has nothing to do with spotting but a while back my leg started hurting for no reason and I kept putting off because I hate going to the Dr. unless I absolutely have to, then I could hardly walk on it so I finally went. I ended up having a blood clot in my leg and found out I have a blood disorder. My point is don't wait, even of it turns out to be nothing it could be something serious. Good Luck!
  • girlchubster
    girlchubster Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This happens to me too...I feel better knowing I'm not the only one. I went to my doctor twice. He said weight loss could trigger abnormal spotting. I lost 10 pounds in 7 months so far. I wouldn't consider that a lot, but my doctor didn't seem too worried about it. The other possible causes he mentioned were pregnancy, STD or thyroid issues. The advice he gave me was to wait till my weight stabilizes & see if the spotting continues. I still have 10 more pounds I want to lose, so I'll just have to wait... *sigh
  • amietest
    amietest Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've had spotting after exercise just whenever my cycles have gotten out of whack for one reason or another - and also when I was pregnant (and didn't know it).

I just did a quick search and apparently 143 women in 10,000 get pregnant after a tubal ligation....That's a 1.43% chance. After having a daughter with two separate, unrelated, conditions that each have one in 50,000 odds (and thankfully, no ill effects), that 1.43% chance would be looking pretty possible.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Although I'm sure it's best to ask your doctor, a change in diet, exercise, and weight loss can really throw your hormones for a loop. And your hormones being thrown for a loop can definitely cause the light pink spotting.