need new ideas

Options
I really want to find yummy things to eat that are healthy. These last 10 pounds won't budge, and I find myself indulging way more than I should because I just don't know what to eat!

My healthy breakfast includes a weight watchers 100% whole grain tortilla, 2 scrambled eggs and a bit of salsa. I love it, it's soo yummy but I need more ideas.

I'm more stuck on snacks and lunch though. Whenever I think of healthy things to eat for lunch I think of Salad. The salads I make don't really satisfy me and I don't enjoy eating them. What could I eat for lunch that is filling, healthy, and yummy? Sometimes I will eat a tuna sandwich or something, but I really need to switch it up and find something delicious and healthy for lunch

Suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Replies

• kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Options
    If you like wraps, maybe you can try a hummus wrap or pita (I am having a warp now! YUM) or maybe a sandwich?
  • MeganFex
    MeganFex Posts: 46
    Options
    I do like wraps. I'm trying to stay away from bread though, so no sandwiches with bread because I love it too much and will end up eating it too much :D Thank you for the suggestions. Wraps are delicious though!
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    Grilled Cheese with Lay's Light Fat Free Chips
    Nature's Own Wheat Lite Bread, 2% Milk Kraft Single, .5 tbsp of lite smart balance butter and the chips 225 cals

Garden Burger with Cheese and 100 Calorie Chips
    Morning Star Veggie Pattie, Natures Own Sandwich Round, 2% Milk Kraft Single, French's Mustard & 100 Calorie Doritos 355 cals

Subway's 6" Veggie Delight w/cheese, vinegar, salt and Pepper and Lay's Light Fat Free Chips 370 cals
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    use a big leaf of lettuce in place of the wrap, super yummy!!
  • ssmom
    ssmom Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    you could try switching up meals. maybe have dinner for lunch, like a lean protein and steamed veggies and then have a salad for dinner. staying away from breads is hard but I use a low carb, high fiber wrap for when I need a sandwich type meal.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    soup- I make a big batch of fresh soup and freeze it in smaller containers (1-2 servings each) so I can just pull it out of the freezer and heat it up. That way you can use way less salt then the canned stuff. I like to eat hummus and veggies with maybe a piece of fruit, add cottage cheese for extra protein. I also like to make a large batch of pasta salad with a disproportionate amount of veggies to pasta and a light vinaigrette and eat that for lunch during the week. I know you said no bread, but hummus on wheat toast with lettuce, tomato, onion and roasted reds is my current favorite for lunch, sometimes with cheese, sometimes without. You could add a slice of turkey if you wanted to, but I don't eat meat. Good luck, I know how hard it is to get good lunch ideas sometimes
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I struggle for lunch ideas too, I just do frozen entrees. Lean cuisine and Smart Ones are easy ones for me. There are some really low-call soups, if you like soup, but now it's summer, I don't feel much like soup!
  • ShastaAngel
    Options
    When I do grlled chicken for dinner, I always grill a few extra boneless skinless breasts. I will have half of one of those with a bit of light balsamic viniagrette to dip the chicken in plus one cup of vegetables and a cup of skim milk. I also enjoy making a wrap with a big piece of lettuce as my :bread" some mustard, lean turkey breast and some sliced tomato. That fills me up pretty well. Once in a while I will just have some fat free cottage cheese with a ton of fresh chopped veggies mixed in.

Hope this helps some!
  • barresa
    barresa Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The healthiest things you could eat are organic whole fruits and vegetables and meats.
    I like quick meals myself
    Ok I know, no bread but if you are going to have a slice (1) slice. Ezekiel 4:9(frozen) is the best. It's flour-less and organic and is great for diabetics (low Glycemic) and weight loss diets. And I like the way it tastes!
    - 1 slice of Ezekiel bread with 2 oz of tuna salad seasoned prepared with a little yogurt instead of Mayo
    - 1 apple usually fills me up as a snack along with some (raw) nuts or raw nut butters.
    - Grill some 5 oz chicken breasts with sweet potato (baked) and some raw baby spinach, or corn on the cob. These are good carbs at least.
    I grill enough for a couple of days and reheat later real quick in the toaster oven.
    How do you make your salads? There are a million combinations
    - I like baby spinach with carrots, corn, red peppers, brown rice and black beans. Then add grilled chicken, or salmon or fish. I make my own dressing with olive oil, lemon or apple cider vinegar and fresh shallots and herbamare sea salt.
    - Raw Revolution nutrition bars are yummy. Live and organic ingredients and 280 calories. I like Coconut Agave nectar.
    - Then there is juicing fruits and vegetables or
    - Make a protein shake( i like RAW Protein from Garden of Life) with organic frozen fruits you love (get a variety and keep frozen) use stevia for sweetness.
    - Wolfgang puck soups. 1 cup then add 4 oz chicken or any meat and season with my own stuff, add onions, rice sometimes, corn, red peppers. Have fun with it!
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Lots of great ideas, I am also getting bored with my food choices.
    Thanks for posting.
  • MeganFex
    MeganFex Posts: 46
    Options
    sooo many great ideas! Thanks everyone for all the posts!