Food question

Options
My 4 year old boy loooooooooves sesame chicken and ham fried rice, and we have a little extra cash .. so we were thinking of suprising him with it .. but I can't find the nutrition information anywhere? So can someone help me?

What is the calories and everything for:

Ham Fried Rice
Sesame Chicken

Any help appreciated!

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you could make both pretty easily, if you're a decent cook. Otherwise, no idea!!
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Thanks for trying to help!

I am talking about the fine chinese of Hunan Village :)

Maybe I'll just let him have it, and i'll eat a ..sugar packet or two ..
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    There are entries on the MFP database for both Pork Fried Rice and Sesame Chicken. They aren't restaurant specific, but I bet they could give an okay estimate.
  • onyxlibra7
    onyxlibra7 Posts: 93
    Options
    Diddo to what Kaitlin said. =D
  • thisemmabites
    Options
    There are entries on the MFP database for both Pork Fried Rice and Sesame Chicken. They aren't restaurant specific, but I bet they could give an okay estimate.

I agree. Keep your portions decent. Maybe even fill up on some veggies or something.
  • cranky2003
    cranky2003 Posts: 72
    Options
    Just an estimate...
    the sesame chicken for 1 cup is around 359 calories.
    Just plain cooked rice is around 242 calories for 1 cup. Add in oil, ham, egg and other stuffs that they put in. You do the math.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    There is Chinese fried rice and sesame chicken in the system.......I use them just to get an idea when I order chinese....and the figures are usualy close to the ones listed

The whole meal would run you around 600+ calories....if you stay to only a cup of rice and cup of chicken or so

Goodluck......
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I've been google searching & first off Hunan doesn't really have a website or list Nutritional Facts where I did find them, which is never a good sign. What I did find for traditional chinese restaurant fare was not good, Sesame chicken (no idea of size or anything was listed at a whopping 1700+ calories, don't forget the MSG or any sodium content is usually off the scales too. Restaurant Chinese food is all calorie & sodium laden no matter what you get, even those dried noodles are super high in calories.

Why not get a combo plate of something between you & hubby then you can eat a smaller portion. Tomorrow is another day, eat light & drink lots of water to flush out your system.

151232.png
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    IDK about premade, but I have an awesome homemade recipe if you want it. :smile:
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    I made it work, I had about a 1/2 cup of rice, and about 4 little tiny pieces of the sesame chicken. I don't think it was too bad, and I sure enjoyed it! :)
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I made it work, I had about a 1/2 cup of rice, and about 4 little tiny pieces of the sesame chicken. I don't think it was too bad, and I sure enjoyed it! :)

Good for you!!! everything in moderation!! Just drink a ton of water, last time I ate Chinese food, I magically "gained" a pound overnight. It was water retention from the extra sodium and was gone a day or 2 later, but still discouraging
  • TrixyHero
    TrixyHero Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    try this site. I just found out that after losing 35 lbs. that I am pre-diabetic. my husband and i officially use this site in conjunction with my fitnesspal.com.

http://www.calorieking.com/