low cal baked goods recipes?

Options
Lolzers
Lolzers Posts: 52 Member
I would love to know if anyone has any low cal baking recipes... I love cookies and cakes and pastries so would love a low cal/fat alternative to help with cravings! Thanks guys!

Replies

• MartineCoppens
    MartineCoppens Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I came up with these lovely 146 calorie skinny banana and chocolate cupcakes last week: http://martinesrecipes.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/skinny-chocolate-and-banana-cupcakes.html They are SO good and pretty healthy too!

Skinny+cupcake+2.jpg
  • Lolzers
    Lolzers Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • priskar
    priskar Posts: 156
    Options
    I posted the following 2 years ago but it is long buried now. Very versatile, quick and yummy.

This is the fastest, most versatile dessert that is appropriate for just about any occasion. You can use non-fat, no sugar or regular ingredients, or any combination of the three. In addition, it's great for whatever fruit you may have on hand: canned pineapple, fresh peaches, blue berries, etc. Just bear in mind that whatever you do chances the nutrient value of the final product.

Angel Food Cake (can use regular, Sugar free or Fat free)
    Lg. Container of Cool Whip (regular, Sugar free or Fat free)
    2 pkgs. frozen strawberries (sweetened or unsweetened)*
    If using unsweeted strawberries, add Splenda to taste
    *Reserve a few pieces of strawberry to decorate the top of your cake.

Cut angel food top off horizontally about 1 inch from the top and set aside. Use a knife to cut down the inside of the cake but do NOT cut all the way down to the bottom. Use a fork or clean fingers to pull out cake from between your knife cuttings and set aside. You will have an angel food cake with a groove through the center and no top. Make sure the "walls" of your cake aren't too thin and can support your filling.

Crumbling the cake you removed from the inside and combine with sweetened strawberries and 1/2 of the Cool Whip. Stuff this mixture into your angel food cake and replace the top of the cake.

Use the remaining Cool Whip to ice your cake. Decorate with reserved or real strawberries.

Chill and eat!

Number of servings 12

Cals: 97
    Pro: 2
    Carbs: 22
    Fat: 2