About of cals a day while doing 30 day shred?

Options
So I'm starting 30 day shred tomorrow to whip my body into gear and get of this plateaux and get some weight or inches off. Anyways to anyone that has done 30 day shred, how many calories were you consuming everyday? I'm 5ft6.5 and 153lbs and stuck here. What's a good calorie intake for me while doing this shred for weight loss? Thank you

Urgh sorry meant to say 'amount' not 'about' in the title

Replies

• msvelvetheart
    Options
    anybody?????
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Well, it's hard to say but I only burned about 160-180 calories from 30DS. So not THAT much of a burn. So don't consume tons of calories thinking you're burning a ton.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Well, it's hard to say but I only burned about 160-180 calories from 30DS. So not THAT much of a burn. So don't consume tons of calories thinking you're burning a ton.

Same for me. It's really not a huge calorie burner.
  • Jess6385
    Jess6385 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My stats are pretty close to yours and I typically burn around 200 calories.
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I just follow my normal calorie intake that MFP gives me plus eat back everything I burn with MFP (usually between 140-155) and have lost 6lbs so far and a good bit of inches and still have 11 days left.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Id say about 1400 a day, but it depends on how active you are during the day,
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has a plan you can follow on her site. I believe its between 1200 and 1300 don't quote me, I follow my own plan and my height/weight is different from yours. The dvd should direct you to it. How much you burn depends on your height weight and effort. You can estimate using calisthenics in your exercise diary but a heart rate monitor is more accurate.
  • msvelvetheart
    Options
    sorry what i meant to ask was should i keep it a low cal diet around 1300 or should i eat around 1500 or even more to still lose as well as have energy for the workout?
  • skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Yeah, with my HRM I only burned around 120-180 calories doing the 30DS
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I like to do 30DS right before lunch so I can work up an appetite. I wouldn't say you need to increase your calories just for the work out, like you don't need to eat a snack before hand like you would before an hour long session with a trainer. It's only a 20 minute workout for each level so doing one on an empty stomach wont make you faint.