Supreme 90 Day System

Options
kel7298
kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
Has anyone tried this? What size weights? Do I really need a stability ball? Your thoughts are appreciated

Replies

• fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I don't know it myself but I've just read a review on Amazon and part of what the lady says is "Also, I love the fact that Tom (and/or his crew members) offer a modification for EVERY exercise. Do NOT feel intimidated if you don't have dumb bells or an exercise ball. You will be able to do each exercise just fine" and actually I modified a lot of P90X to allow for not having pull up bars.
  • Callalili
    Callalili Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I did 2 rounds before p90x and Insanity. What I like is that the workouts are short, averaging around 30 minutes. I didn't get bored at all. Yes, you really should have a ball although you can get away without it by subbing the core video for the ultimate ball and modifying other moves that use the ball.

I started out with lighter weights and quickly moved up. I think I had 3, 8 and 10's and added 12 and 16's. I could have used heavier for some exercises if I had them.
  • cliftonelston
    cliftonelston Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed the program did full 90 days last year, lost 47lbs. there are modifications so you can get by with out the ball and weights for awhile but you will want them when you start getting stronger.
  • kel7298
    Options
    Definitely appreciate the input!
  • Kathie444
    Kathie444 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yes I have this program. You do need a stablity ball because the exercises are hard to do without it.
    Just like in any exercise program you need a variety of weights depending on how much you want to lift.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Bump...be right back with contingencyplan's review
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    You can find the rest of the reviews here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/contingencyplan

#3 - Supreme 90 Day Challenge. It's a cheap P90X knockoff that in my opinion is better than P90X because it addresses a few of my concerns with the program. The way it's laid out, as opposed to P90X, translates more to real functional gains in strength and overall fitness than P90X, and it's safer because it does not have a dedicated plyometrics day. I believe that plyometrics should not be done by untrained individuals at home because it can be a very unsafe way of training. The workouts are also a lot shorter than P90X which can take up an hour and a half of your time each day. However, it falls at #3 on this list because its strengths also work against it. In order to do the program you need access to a very wide range of dumbbells, more than most people at home have access to. You will see during most of the DVDs the people have like 10 sets of dumbbells by them and yes they use EVERY ONE. This can make the program VERY expensive if you don't already have the dumbbells because going out and buying them, while it is a smart investment for your overall fitness, will set you back WAAAAAAY more than the difference in price between this DVD set (only $20) and P90X (about $120). And the exercises in the videos don't allow you to substitute bands for the dumbbells like with P90X. The insane cost of having to buy these dumbbells, if you don't already have them, is why it gets knocked down to #3 because personally I take value into consideration.
  • FASTFUELXXX
    FASTFUELXXX Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I LOVED SUPREME 90. DID 2 RDS OF IT. I ALREADY HAD 8, 10, 15 & 20 LB DUMBBELLS. I ALSO EVEN HAD A BENCH SET ALEADY
    WIT DA BARBELL & INTERCHANGEABLE WEIGHTS. I REALLY BULKED UP WIT SUPREME 90. PPL WERE ALWAYS ASKIN ME WZ I A TRAINER. ALL I CUD DO WZ SMILE BCZ IT MADE ME FEEL SO GUD 2 B TAKING CARE OF MY BODY & HAVIN IT SO TONED & HARD.
    ITZ A GR8 PROGRAM. BETTER THAN P90X IMHO.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    You can find the rest of the reviews here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/contingencyplan

#3 - Supreme 90 Day Challenge. It's a cheap P90X knockoff that in my opinion is better than P90X because it addresses a few of my concerns with the program. The way it's laid out, as opposed to P90X, translates more to real functional gains in strength and overall fitness than P90X, and it's safer because it does not have a dedicated plyometrics day. I believe that plyometrics should not be done by untrained individuals at home because it can be a very unsafe way of training. The workouts are also a lot shorter than P90X which can take up an hour and a half of your time each day. However, it falls at #3 on this list because its strengths also work against it. In order to do the program you need access to a very wide range of dumbbells, more than most people at home have access to. You will see during most of the DVDs the people have like 10 sets of dumbbells by them and yes they use EVERY ONE. This can make the program VERY expensive if you don't already have the dumbbells because going out and buying them, while it is a smart investment for your overall fitness, will set you back WAAAAAAY more than the difference in price between this DVD set (only $20) and P90X (about $120). And the exercises in the videos don't allow you to substitute bands for the dumbbells like with P90X. The insane cost of having to buy these dumbbells, if you don't already have them, is why it gets knocked down to #3 because personally I take value into consideration.

I use the spin lock and plate weights for Chalean Extreme which weren't expensive.
  • kel7298
    Options

Thanks you very much ma'am!
    I LOVED SUPREME 90. DID 2 RDS OF IT. I ALREADY HAD 8, 10, 15 & 20 LB DUMBBELLS. I ALSO EVEN HAD A BENCH SET ALEADY
    WIT DA BARBELL & INTERCHANGEABLE WEIGHTS. I REALLY BULKED UP WIT SUPREME 90. PPL WERE ALWAYS ASKIN ME WZ I A TRAINER. ALL I CUD DO WZ SMILE BCZ IT MADE ME FEEL SO GUD 2 B TAKING CARE OF MY BODY & HAVIN IT SO TONED & HARD.
    ITZ A GR8 PROGRAM. BETTER THAN P90X IMHO.

appreciate the weight sizes...helps tons!
    I use the spin lock and plate weights for Chalean Extreme which weren't expensive.

I LOVE CLX! I have a set of adjustable weights. Sounds like it will be perfect.
  • LLaDonna
    LLaDonna Posts: 126
    Options
    Has anyone tried this? What size weights? Do I really need a stability ball? Your thoughts are appreciated

A friend gave me this set for Christmas 2011. It took me a year to open it. Then another month before I actually used it. I enjoy this program. I bought a box set of Jillian Michaels 3/5/8 lb dumbells at Walmart ($32 inc. tax). They provide plenty of challenge for me. I use some of the discs: Tabata Inferno, Cardio Challenge, Total Body and the one for abs.