KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!
    if i can do it, you can too
    i even started running, and love it!
  • Bubblylady64
    Bubblylady64 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good for you. You will feel so much better with the walking and not smoking. A great choice for yourself. :)
  • ricklperry
    Options
    I quit on New Years.... it's a ***** but worth it.
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    For those who quit smoking, when did you notice a big change?
  • Imadarkswan
    Imadarkswan Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
    I quit 6 months ago myself!
  • chanelbrackett
    Options
    I quit cold turkey about 4 weeks ago and I feel so much better. Now i plan to lose weight and live a healthier life! I started my journey yesterday! You are not alone! BEST OF LUCK!
  • Risscris
    Options
    I quit smoking and made my lifestyle change 34 days ago. I feel amazing, and I haven't replaced my old habit with food I am actually down 11 lbs. Feel free to add me. Good Luck
  • TheDoyleRulz
    Options
    Congrats!!!! I'm on day 4 of quitting smoking. Keep up the good, tough work!! :happy:
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I just quit smoking and started walking today.
    I'm 45 and I'm ready to change my life. I need support on this journey I'm about to embark on.

Awesome!

I quit smoking 2 months ago (switched to e-cigs for the time being as a step-down), started keeping track of my caloric intake (aiming for about 2200 daily), have been making healthier food choices, and started lifting heavy 3x weekly with some light cardio on off days.

Net result: 7 pounds lost so far, far more energy, getting a lot stronger around the edges and things are beginning to tighten up. Which is the exact opposite of what I expected to happen. :happy:

You can do this!!!!!!! (I'm 45 also)
  • conniefontes
    Options
    Hello, you sound just like me :) I quit smoking about a year ago - so I know what's it's like - good luck and congrats on your life change..for me after I quit smoking my weight started to creep up - and so here I am - lost 4 pounds so far..you can have it all - it's not easy, but it can be done...
  • conniefontes
    Options
    Big change for what?
  • sarahp4769
    sarahp4769 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking 8 weeks ago and so far have managed to stick with it with no issues and Im managing to lose weight too, yay!!
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Big change for what?

changes in your body, how you feel? sorry for how i worded it the first time
  • barbiesnd
    barbiesnd Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I quit last June. It's tough, but it's worth it.

When I first stopped, if someone walked passed me smoking I would have to stop myself following behind them, taking deep breathes, just to get the second hand smoke.......

Now, the smell of someone that's been smoking is soooooo bad.......

I wish you all the strength in the world, you can do this!!!!
  • ngroninger
    Options
    Keep it up! I quit almost 4 years ago and know how hard it is. You can do it...baby steps :tongue: Two thumbs up! :bigsmile:
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I just quit smoking and started walking today.
    I'm 45 and I'm ready to change my life. I need support on this journey I'm about to embark on.
    Good for you! I quit 4 years ago and never looked back. I gained a few pounds but nothing huge and more than worth it I promise you:smile:
  • Arkie_Ali
    Arkie_Ali Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I quit at the beginning of January. Sadly, I replaced smoking with eating at first and gained 8 lbs in 2 months. Now, I'm working on changing my behavior to something healthy. As it gets warmer outside, maybe walking/running instead when I feel stressed. Good luck to you!
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Well done!

I got free of the disgusting trap last year and I couldn't be happier! Keep it up!
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    P.s. if you ever start to find it difficult pick up a copy if 'Alan Carrs, Easyway to stop smoking' it really dies make it easy and something to relish rather than fear.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Sorry people, I forgot the link the blog is called "warning to smokers"

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/rickthepreacher