just 2 lbs in a month and a half :( upping my cals now

Options
Hello friends
despite of trying Yoga, cardiovascular exercises with balanced diet in recommended calories limit, i have lost just 2lbs in a month and a half.
i am 27yrs with 5'6''height and weight 139lbs . my recommended calories intake was 1200cals/day with 1.5lbs weight loss plan and now after reading other's comments i am seriously thinking to up my calories to 1400 with 1lbs weight loss plan (recommended by MFP)

what do you people suggest???

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Definitely up your calories!

Have you tried any kind of strength training? You are at Avery healthy weight right now and should focus on being happy with what you have by making sure you are strong and healthy!
  • preslyann50
    preslyann50 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Your weight is in a healthy range and your calories are way to low. Why the need to lose that much weight so quickly? I understand wanting to be a lower weight but that mount is asking a lot of your body. You should try for .5lbs a week. Great if you lose more but it's more realistic. IMO
  • preslyann50
    preslyann50 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    and yeah strength training would be great if you really want to look smaller. You might not lose a lot of weight but the inches will come off :)
  • ntatbeeq
    ntatbeeq Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    actually i wana shed few lbs cause i feel some of my body parts are really so yukhyy....like my bust, my tummy, and my thighs and m sure with exercise i'd get rid of these.
    seriously thinking now to try some strength training exercises.
  • ourglasswalls
    ourglasswalls Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Your calories are really low, so I don't think you would have any problem upping them. You need food to fuel that exercise! However, the closer you are to your goal weight and being in a healthy weight range the slower the weight is going to come off. The last 5-10 lbs can take years sometimes. I think 2lbs in a month and a half is really good.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    You are basically the same as me.

I'm 138.5lb and haven't lost for ages, so i upped too - I've been on 1400 cals for a week and a half now and hoping for a loss soon but have started tracking measurements and body fat % so I don't focus entirely on weight.
  • SillyFitMe
    SillyFitMe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    or you could just try adding in some challenging weight training exercises for a month or so, see how it goes, and then decide?
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Here is a calculator i put your digits in with 3-5hrs weekly exercise
    1764 cal's a day to lose at a 20% deficit, i know it sounds like a lot, but you don't eat your exercise cal'a back. For your weight and height that albs is really great! Congratulations!
  • EmmaKarney
    Options
    or you could just try adding in some challenging weight training exercises for a month or so, see how it goes, and then decide?

I've started trying to do bodypump and body weight exercises 3 times a week instead of just busting out spin classes as I used to.

Reeeeeeally hope I start to lose some more soon.
  • ntatbeeq
    Options
    ok lets give it a try and lets see.but my problem is i dnt have dumbells and my family isnt supportive enough to get me a set of dumbells as my mom thinks i dont need any strenth training :(
  • SillyFitMe
    SillyFitMe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    ok lets give it a try and lets see.but my problem is i dnt have dumbells and my family isnt supportive enough to get me a set of dumbells as my mom thinks i dont need any strenth training :(

There all kinds of things to lift around the house and even outside. Time to get creative! Although the cheapest and easiest thing to lift and push is your own body weight. :)
  • EmmaKarney
    Options

You can do body weight exercises - try you tube for some ideas.
  • ntatbeeq
    Options
    thanx Emma n Dawnmd.....body weigh lifting is a great idea :)
  • EmmaKarney
    Options
    Also if you maybe started to refer to "resistance" exercise for toning instead of "strength" maybe your family would be more onside?