How to log Just Dance as exercise?

I've started doing Just Dance with my daughter as cardio exercise and I work up quite a sweat and plus it's really fun. But I am not sure how to log my exercise for it in MFP? Anyone else do this occasionally and know how to enter it in? Thanks!

Replies

• johnsongirls
    johnsongirls Posts: 57 Member
    I create a new exercise for it when I log. I wear my HR monitor so I know what I burn. Don't go by the calories that it tells you you burn on the game, it has been off by up to 200 for me every single time!
  • jcourter76
    jcourter76 Posts: 14 Member
    what if you dont have a monitor where on the game does it show how many calories! i guess just subtact 200! i do the zumba for wii and not sure how to either :(
  • tikicristi
    tikicristi Posts: 7 Member
    I do not have a monitor either. And I don't see where Just Dance shows calories. Anyone?

I am doing Just Dance 3.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    I log it as dancing! :smile:
  • kriddle428
    kriddle428 Posts: 11 Member
    It's in the sweat mode, you get sweat points. Each sweat point is suppose to equal 4.2 calories from what I've read. I also log it as dancing.
  • stongjos
    stongjos Posts: 63 Member
    I log Just Dance as dancing, and I log Zumba as aerobics.
  • johnsongirls
    johnsongirls Posts: 57 Member
    No it shorted me up to 200 calories! If it is Just dance 4 it doesn't use sweat point and shows you actual calories, but it has no clue if you are a man or a woman, or you weight so it just guesses, and it guesses poorly. If you don't have a HR monitor I would log it as dancing.
  • shubec85
    shubec85 Posts: 28 Member
    bump
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    I've started doing Just Dance with my daughter as cardio exercise and I work up quite a sweat and plus it's really fun. But I am not sure how to log my exercise for it in MFP? Anyone else do this occasionally and know how to enter it in? Thanks!

I just bought an HRM for this reason. The calorie count on the Just Dance 4 is fairly accurate, but nothing beats the HRM unless .
  • MicroHez
    MicroHez Posts: 125 Member
    I have been logging it as "Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist". I don't have a HRM, either.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    I log it as dancing - modern.
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    I used to log it as dancing..but now that I have a HRM i log it by adding an exercise...works well