inner thighs??

Options
So I know you can't spot reduce, you reduce everywhere and it comes off where it wants to.
However, I am now at a healthy weight, fairly happy with all of my body, except for my inner thighs, they haven't seemed to change at all so now in a way they almost look even worse in comparison to everything else that has gotten better. I do cardio (hip hop dance once a week and elliptical 2-4 times a week) and I do New Rules of Lifting for Women 3 times a week with added abs and sometimes the hip abductor machine that's supposed to tone thighs...what can I do to make them smaller? pleasee

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    So, you know you can't spot-reduce, and you're asking how to spot-reduce? :tongue:

All you can do is lose more fat and hope your thighs get smaller before the rest of you gets too thin for your liking. Honestly. I can relate though, check this thread out: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/908493--lean-in-some-places-still-fat-in-others
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    stairmaster and walking lunges
  • xDawnsgrace
    Options
    Heel raises. leg lifts. jumping jacks. running. lunges, doing squats on your toes, jumping rope on your toes. wall squats.
  • MKCD123
    MKCD123 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Spider planks have worked wonders for me :)
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Squats with your feet slightly turned out and a bit further apart
    Lunges
  • Inkybit
    Inkybit Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    So I know you can't spot reduce, you reduce everywhere and it comes off where it wants to.
    However, I am now at a healthy weight, fairly happy with all of my body, except for my inner thighs, they haven't seemed to change at all so now in a way they almost look even worse in comparison to everything else that has gotten better. I do cardio (hip hop dance once a week and elliptical 2-4 times a week) and I do New Rules of Lifting for Women 3 times a week with added abs and sometimes the hip abductor machine that's supposed to tone thighs...what can I do to make them smaller? pleasee

If it is excess skin or loose left over fat it may be in your interest to stimulte blood flow and exfoliate.

I exfoliate in the shower, focusing on trouble spots stimulating till area is pink but not raw. Lotion in the morning, massage pushing blood towards your heart. Collagen I read can help... add carrots, soy, celery, and broccoli to help your body make collagen. Massage the areas daily witj lotion, and really work the fat between your fingets, massage therapists do this to seperate skin layers and fat.

Also, stay hydrated, and stretch. These tricks made a noticeable change over the last few months to my thighs, arms, love handles, and chest.
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    -
  • Squidgrok
    Squidgrok Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJyZhOJ2Tag

Try Blogilates Inner Thighs Challenge. I've done it twice and its a killer seriously!
  • LornaB23
    LornaB23 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Lunges and Squats, squats and lunges - with weights. But especially for inner thighs... do wide legged squats/sumo squats with your toes pointed out with at least holding a 10 lb weight in your hand. Do a LOT!
    It does help.
  • RobynLolitaSkinny
    Options
    jump squats. feet shoulder with apart and jump with both feet on to a work bench. that should help.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    You can try these. I hit this a few times per week in between running interval laps.

Tire flip is the same positioning as Sumo squats. Works wonders.

524790_4349710262592_571924496_n.jpg
  • runawayescape
    runawayescape Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Do you know what your body fat % is? Mayb you should lower it?
    I have like chicken legs, but still a fatty upper body, so that's what I'm doing. Lowering my upper body. Although I find my upper things a bit fatty myself. I believe lowering my body fat % should work. Mayb it would for you too?
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    You can only do two things: reduce body fat and increase muscle mass of the legs, primarily the adductors. So do cycles of calorie deficits followed by eating at least slightly above maintenance.
  • ELIZZY20
    Options
    Ballet pre-pointe has worked wonders for me. We work our turn-out using those inner thigh muscles and do various leg lifts so now I can actually feel some muscle in there.
  • sierra_12
    sierra_12 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem! i saw a lady doing these at the gym about month ago, so i thought i'd try them too! they are working for me!

you lay on your left hip, cross right leg over with foot flat on floor, then pulse your left leg up.
    then repeat on the other side.

hope this helps! (:
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I know you can't spot reduce, but how do I spot reduce?

Sex, cowgirl or reverse cowgirl.
  • CherryVonBlackheart
    Options
    Sumo squats, which were already mentioned, and what Sierra said...also the adductor is targeting inner as opposed to abductor (works outer thigh) but you're better off with the cable (cuff around ankle, vs the machine, the machine does too much of the work for you...also HILLS. I have lots of glorious hills that I walk every morning and have seen a major difference in my inner thighs, and plie squats (killer! :))
  • brown41stacy
    brown41stacy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My inner thighs have gotten smaller
    Working with personal trainer doing
    Kettle bell squats, hold 25 lb kettle bell
    Between legs and squat about 15 reps
    3x! Good luck
  • GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hmmm not sure why you would want to make ur legs smaller.. usually strong legs make for a SEXY BUMM..

however Jump squats, jump lunges, plyometrics usually lean out a womans leg.. the Gauntlet or what some call the stepmill.. and make emphasis on crossing stepping foot over the foot that is still when climbing =)))

:flowerforyou: Good luck