New VEGAN - easy recipes needed! :)

Options
Kbasore
Kbasore Posts: 25 Member
Hello I'm a very very new vegan looking for simple recipes to cook in my home! Any and all are welcome and PLEASE feel free to add me to MFP!

Thanks!
-Kristen

Replies

• Kyledrums
    Kyledrums Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm not vegan yet but I've been making the recipes on here. http://ohsheglows.com/ Some of them are quite high in calories though so it's best to check that first.
  • kellyf_83
    Options
    Try Peta's Vegan College Cookbook. 275 SUPER EASY vegan recipes!
  • rpp223
    rpp223 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm a very very new vegan looking for simple recipes to cook in my home! Any and all are welcome and PLEASE feel free to add me to MFP!

Thanks!
    -Kristen

If you like cheese cake here is one that is awesome:

http://www.food.com/recipe/vegan-cheesecake-72526.

Also, if you have a Whole Foods near by they have General Tso's Vegan Chicken that is fantastic as well
  • angellepen
    Options
    Same here I am new to being a vegan or let me rephrase a very strict vegetarian. I just a few weeks ago cut out dairy and eggs from my diet. I am too kind of having a hard time figuring out meal plans for the day. I been meat free for about 5 months now and only had dairy occasionally.This is my go to recipe since I am a sandwich lover .

hummus and avocado sandwiches:
    toasted whole wheat bread
    half avocado
    1 table spoon hummus
    sandwich toppings you like ex:(onion,tomatoes,spinach,sprouts,green peppers.)

I can eat this everyday!
  • Mellie516
    Options
    Welcome to vegan living!

I'm so excited for you. Some great resources include "Vegetarian Food for Thought" (podcast, lots of animal info and also some great food/cooking episodes), and Post Punk Kitchen.com, which has some low fat/lower calorie recipes that are labeled as such.

I often have oatmeal for breakfast, peanut butter toast, a big bowl of salad with avocado & bragg's, lots of beans (pinto, chickpea, black beans), and make a killer 'cheezy' sauce out of raw cashews, nutritional yeast, and miso paste that I put on broccoli. Lentil soup is another great staple---look for Indian-inspired recipes (called 'dal') or try lentils with carrot/onion/celery and a little bit of tomato paste--then finish the soup off with some dijon mustard. It is SO good.

Good luck!
  • MsNewDay
    MsNewDay Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for about 3 weeks. I was vegan for 2 weeks right before going back to dairy. I also am in need of some delicious recipes. I am going back vegan beginning tomorrow. If you live in the inland empire, there is a great vegan spot called the Loving Hut. They have delicious cuisine.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I like mushroom "steaks" take a large mushroom at season it like you would a steak add a little a1 even if ya wanna and pop it in the skillet til brown on bothsides very low call and juicey and yummy to boot
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Look up how to make seitan online.
    Tofu scramble(always good I like to add veggies, nutritional yeast and curry)
    A great ap is the 21 day vegan kickstart. My daughter and I love the curried lentil soup:)