What did you start realizing your hard work was paying off?

Options
For example, just today, I had my mother-in-law tell me that that my face looked so much smaller. It is little things like that, that really keep me motivated and going. : ) I love it.

In the beginning of your weight loss journey, what was your "Holy crap, this is working." moment?

Replies

• linxus
    linxus Posts: 87
    Options
    Also, sorry, I wasn't sure where to post this.
  • Fit_Vixen1
    Options
    Try under Success Stories.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Being a Brit it was losing that first stone (14 pounds) and I thought OMG I can actually do this.:happy:

Putting on clothes and thinking, that is just too big to wear in public anymore and chucking it out, love doing that. :happy:
  • dorasworld
    dorasworld Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    For example, just today, I had my mother-in-law tell me that that my face looked so much smaller. It is little things like that, that really keep me motivated and going. : ) I love it.

In the beginning of your weight loss journey, what was your "Holy crap, this is working." moment?

I got from my bf's Mom "Wow, you actually have somewhat of a shape now!" I guess I was squared! and from a gf of mine "I like your shirt look at your waist it looks tiny" I told her "Its not the shirt!" lol
  • MrDelts
    MrDelts Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    <--- When I took this pic!
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    When it occurred to me about 6 weeks in that I had doubled my weight loss in a fraction of the time when I started exercising and being purposeful and intentional about what I ate rather than casually, kinda sorta not snacking so much, eating smaller portions etc. 23 lbs in 18 months vs. 6 weeks....hmmm! This is working after all.....I guess I should stick with it, even if I don't like it. And now I've gone from 46 lbs down from my highest to 86 with 29 left to go as of yesterday morning when I reached the 3/4 mark officially! :o)
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    When I was able to make a chocolate bar last two weeks, not two minutes.
  • linxus
    Options
    When I was able to make a chocolate bar last two weeks, not two minutes.

Hopefully I can get to that point. Chocolate is my biggest weakness.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    When I had to start pinning my pants because they were too big for me. I felt different, but didn't really see it until I saw pictures of myself. That's when I went "whoah - I look small. Is that what I actually look like?"
  • linxus
    Options
    Being a Brit it was losing that first stone (14 pounds) and I thought OMG I can actually do this.:happy:

Putting on clothes and thinking, that is just too big to wear in public anymore and chucking it out, love doing that. :happy:

Congrats!! You're doing great. That feeling is one of the best feelings in the world, when you can actually say, "This is too big for me!"
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The first time I ran a mile. Prior to that, the furthest I ever ran was a half mile, and that was more than 20 years earlier in high school.
  • proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    ...when my friends said "something is different about you, did you cut your hair?"
  • linxus
    Options

I got from my bf's Mom "Wow, you actually have somewhat of a shape now!" I guess I was squared! and from a gf of mine "I like your shirt look at your waist it looks tiny" I told her "Its not the shirt!" lol

Aww I'm sure you weren't squared. Even though I am losing weight- I still see my big self just as beautiful as the me now. I just personally didn't like where I was, so I wanted to change it. It is good to feel beautiful now, but never think you weren't before! : )
  • linxus
    Options
    <--- When I took this pic!

And you have every right to be proud. That is a heck of an accomplishment.
  • linxus
    Options
    When it occurred to me about 6 weeks in that I had doubled my weight loss in a fraction of the time when I started exercising and being purposeful and intentional about what I ate rather than casually, kinda sorta not snacking so much, eating smaller portions etc. 23 lbs in 18 months vs. 6 weeks....hmmm! This is working after all.....I guess I should stick with it, even if I don't like it. And now I've gone from 46 lbs down from my highest to 86 with 29 left to go as of yesterday morning when I reached the 3/4 mark officially! :o)

Congratulations!! And good on you for not only permanently changing your body, but permanently instilling healthy habits.
  • linxus
    Options
    When I had to start pinning my pants because they were too big for me. I felt different, but didn't really see it until I saw pictures of myself. That's when I went "whoah - I look small. Is that what I actually look like?"

Can relate with this. Good job! Its weird, because, when you're bigger, well for me personally- I avoided mirrors like the plague. So when I feel confident enough to get a picture taken, I'm like, WOW, who is that!

: )
  • linxus
    Options
    The first time I ran a mile. Prior to that, the furthest I ever ran was a half mile, and that was more than 20 years earlier in high school.

Great job! I can't run a full mile yet, but hopefully one day.
  • linxus
    Options
    ...when my friends said "something is different about you, did you cut your hair?"

Haha, THE best validation is when people notice and point it out. Gotta love it.
  • Freemyskinny
    Options
    Well, I've only been doin' this for about 2weeks and 2days.. and i've lost 18lbs as of this mornin'. and I have a neck.! i mean of course i did.. but I actually see it.! :D and other people can too.! its an amazin' feelin' and it is pushin' me to work even harder.
  • dorasworld
    dorasworld Posts: 34 Member
    Options

You look awesome! Keep up the work!!!