Replies

• 2April
    2April Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    slim in six
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Have a watch of this on fitness blender and see if any good for you.

Quiet Cardio Workout - Low Impact No Bounce Recovery Cardio Workout .
  • Marion_
    Marion_ Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Have a watch of this on fitness blender and see if any good for you.

Quiet Cardio Workout - Low Impact No Bounce Recovery Cardio Workout .

Hi!

I live in an apartment too so I have the same problem. You should definitely check Fitnessblender.com, they have great workouts. This workout above, and my favorite, which this one: http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/exercise-detail/Quiet-Cardio-Workout-Low-Impact-Apartment-Cardio-Workout/dm/

You won't burn as many calories as in a high impact cardio workout, but it is really great and you can do it whenever you want.

That's for cardio, but they also have a great choice of toning workout (for abs, thighs etc.) that don't involve any jumping. I also really love their barre workouts (very quiet and they still burn quite a lot of calories). All you'll need is a chair.

Hope this helps!
  • kcebolsk
    kcebolsk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I began Pilates for this exact reason. I use POP Pilates, beginner's workout, by Cassey Ho. It's right here on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCg_gh_fppI

Does her stuff work? I always check it out, but have yet to try it...... I don't know why!!!
  • kcebolsk
    kcebolsk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! So many options!! I am going to have to check out some of those ones that are online!! I have a laptop and space and they would be FREE! :) I have tried Jillian Michaels 30DS, I stick with it for a few days, then she gets on my nerves, but I have thought about trying her other DVD's that people seem to have good luck with!

I wish MFP had notified me of all these replies!!! I could have checked all this stuff out sooner!

Well now I know what is on my to do list for the evening!!!

Be nice to have other options as well for those days I don't give it my all at the gyrm, or you know, when I'm lazy and don't make it....

Thanks everyone!
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Kettlenetics with Michelle Khai is great, It is an aerobic type workout when you order it it comes with 2 dvd's plus the starter kettlebell so its a good deal especially if you get it on a site like amazon or somewhere. That one burns a ton of calories is a great workout and she's a great trainer.
  • tvixy
    tvixy Posts: 11
    Options
    oh, this thread is so helpful, I already favorite some youtube workouts! I tried insanity for 10 minutes and needed to stop because of this loud jumping :/
  • sarahmcapps
    Options
    I have been using this one - I live on the 3rd floor with squeaky floors and a light sleeping toddler. My husband said the audio of the video was louder than me preforming the activities!

http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/exercise-detail/Quiet-Cardio-Workout-Low-Impact-Apartment-Cardio-Workout/dm/
  • jametalb
    jametalb Posts: 11
    Options
    Google "total body extension".

Mike Whitfield demonstrates. It also is called a fake jump by them. You do everything but leave the ground. Would allow you to do the video by JM that you already have and want to do with a great, hard, substitute.

Its also not as hard on your knees as jumping but you get all the benefits without potential pain.

And your neighbors should be happy as well.