New here

Options
Hoping this will be a very useful tool in my weight loss journey. Ten years ago I was 204 lbs., joined WW and lost 50 lbs. I have gone back up to 186. Im done paying WW and think this site is awesome. This time I am exercising. Actually joined a gym and meet my daughter there. I have a problem with SODA!. Pepsi! I drank it all the time. I recently quit smoking and used the Pepsi as my comfort. I love the carbonation and syrup, especially fountain sodas. So I just quit cold turkey yesterday and replaced it for NOW with Crystal Light. It's been okay so far. Haven't gotten any severe headaches. My mind is there. I am determined. I hope to find support here and maybe some friends. My goal is to be healthier and happier and to lose around 40 pounds. I have three teenage daughters and a golden retriever and two cats. I am a medical transcriptionist so I sit ALL day.

Replies

• aimee062599
    Options
    Hi there My name is AImee Im 24 & I sit all day to.I work at an insurance company. I take weights to works and do 10 reps per day, I also take the stairs and ditch the elevator, Try mineral water for the soda Anyways Nice to meet you GOOD LUCK ! :wink:
  • skinnygirl522
    Options
    Thanks Aimee! I tried mineral water once and UGH, no but thanks for the advice. Nice to meet you too!
  • bolsen21
    bolsen21 Posts: 22
    Options
    sweet tea... gets water you need and the lower dose of caffeine then the soda for that caffeine fix...plus its full antioxidants
  • ANGIESMITH101
    Options
    Hi my name is Angie i will soon be 20 i put on 30 lbs at a time in less than two months from 135 to 177 i think it's time for a change especially if i'm already obese i think this is really making me want to be motivated just hope i stick to it i'm eating healthier and it's good that the whole household (i think) is actually going on a diet. i'm really short and wanting to go to the military so maybe this will really motivate me
  • ANGIESMITH101
    Options
    I also have some thyroid promblem in family ......