Guided Meditation and Weight Loss

Options
Has anyone ever had weight loss success through guided meditation, in the sense that it has changed your attitude towards weight loss and helped you move in the right direction? And if so did you have a lot to lose or a little?

Replies

• JasonsWeightliftingWife
    Options
    I have been doing this and I was just thinking the same thing. I am wondering if it's coincidence or is it really working. I have been listening to it at night. Sometimes I fall asleep to it, but I have read it still works. I love the idea that I am learning even in my sleep:)
  • jivitasa
    jivitasa Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I would say yes... but it is so much more than that. I meditate daily, and it has been life changing. I think a lot of times people have the wrong idea about meditation... like it's mythical, and only monks and far out people do it. Not true at all. It is about feeling at peace and heightening awareness. When I started meditating I became more come, rational, and controlled. I became more aware of my choices, and made them more carefully. I could go on and on, but then I would sound crazy...

Truly a very powerful thing though. It brought a lot of positive changes in my life. It has been a domino effect of good outcomes in many areas of my life.
  • happierandstronger
    Options
    Thank you for your replies! I have read a little bit about it but was not 100% sure. Do either of you have any recommendations on guided programs? I've seen a few on YouTube but am not sure how good they are. Is there anything in particular I need to look for when choosing a guided program?
  • happierandstronger
    Options
    Bump
  • chrissyoutlaw
    Options
    Hey, I just joined the site and saw your post while browsing the message boards. I have actually used guided meditation for a long time, mostly for reducing stress but also for weight loss more recently. I had two kids and I've had trouble losing the extra weight.

With guided meditation programs, it's best to look for ones that are professionally produced and designed to help you with weight loss with subliminal parts of the program and positive affirmations. I'll try to post a link to the one I use, it can probably help you, too. It's actually really good for removing those bad habits you develop.

http://www.guidedimagerydownloads.com/product-/WELL-MIND-AND-BODY/Weight-Loss

Anyway, good luck to you! I hope it helps. :)
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    My yoga teacher was just talking about guided visualization which I think may be the same or similar. She related that she had to have the same surgery twice. The first time many things went wrong. Before the next she practiced the guided visualizations and the outcome was completely different including being released from the hospital 24 hours early. It sounds so good that I think I am going to take her class on it.
  • ZETAZEN
    ZETAZEN Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I meditate for a peaceful existence in all things that surround me, this is for the health of my mind, body and spirit.
  • happierandstronger
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I've downloaded a session onto my iPod which I will listen to tonight before bed (it's the only time I have without someone bugging me about something) and I'll see how I go :)