My Name is Lindsay and I'm a Food Addict - Day 4

Options
so yesterday went really well. really well. almost too well. at one point i thought i should sabotage myself just to keep it from being perfect lol. no, not really, but it seemed like i was really taking it easy on my tummy yestrday, and today i feel good.

i had a healthy break fast, healthy snacks, wonton soup and a salad for lunch, a chocolate bar (had to sneak that in there lol) and roast chicken, broccoli and rice for dinner. at about 7:30 i was starting to get the craving for fast food again, but i stopped the feeling by having a glass of skim milk and 4 digestive cookies. 300 extra calories instead of 3000 sounds good to me!

so today should be good, it's friday, it's been a long week and it's pay day: nothing better than that. i even woke up early to make rice and chili so i don't have to go for a bad lunch today.

so here is to today, to not bingeing, and to just getting out and enjoying life.

Replies

• ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    so yesterday went really well. really well. almost too well. at one point i thought i should sabotage myself just to keep it from being perfect lol. no, not really, but it seemed like i was really taking it easy on my tummy yestrday, and today i feel good.

i had a healthy break fast, healthy snacks, wonton soup and a salad for lunch, a chocolate bar (had to sneak that in there lol) and roast chicken, broccoli and rice for dinner. at about 7:30 i was starting to get the craving for fast food again, but i stopped the feeling by having a glass of skim milk and 4 digestive cookies. 300 extra calories instead of 3000 sounds good to me!

so today should be good, it's friday, it's been a long week and it's pay day: nothing better than that. i even woke up early to make rice and chili so i don't have to go for a bad lunch today.

so here is to today, to not bingeing, and to just getting out and enjoying life.
  • PixieDust2828
    Options
    Your doing good girl!:happy:
  • brandyjo
    brandyjo Posts: 47
    Options
    It sounds like you had a great day yesterday!

I've been doing really well this week and I'm terrified because it's almost the weekend. It seems like in the past I've done great Monday thru Friday and then on the weekend I gain all the weight I lost back. I just started on Monday and I'm already down 4lbs. I'm just going to have to use every ounce of self control I have to stay on board this weekend. At least my husband is doing this too. It makes it a little bit easier.

good luck!

69846.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options

That's great! Keep it up :smile:
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    So i have been reading most of your daily updates on your eating habits and i have definately seen an improvement since you started, I just want to say congradulations and keep up the great work, your an inspiration for everyone trying to conquer food addiction :flowerforyou:
  • ellelit
    Options
    thanks everyone for your support. it's literally a minute-by-minute struggle and coming on here to MFP definitely helps!

my eating habits have COMPLETELY CHANGED!!! but that said, they are still not great. i used to binge almost everyday, and as you've read i still have problems with it, especially onthe weekends, but if i can cut down from 6-7 binges a week to 1-2 a week, then there is hope that i can get rid of them all together...

one thing that i have really cut down on is processed foods. other than eating out and snacks like yogurt or apple sauce, i make my main meals from scratch, so i think the process of cooking my own food is definitely helping.
  • TashaKnight
    TashaKnight Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    ohhhhh you definitely can cut them out all together! don't fill up that emptiness (if there is any in your life) with food :tongue: good job!!! (i love reading your posts)
  • ellelit
    Options
    well i made it through lunch virtually unscathed... i had a bowl of soup, a glass of milk and some peanut butter and crackers. i'm hungry, but my snack time is coming up and i RESISTED!!! the urges and invitations to go for lunch. so hard and the first one i've missed in ages. from a social perspective, i didn't really miss much, as they filled me in on the gossip as soon as they came back... i might have to ditch out every week!

so tonight i think am going to go buy a nice steak. i haven't had meat that chews in ages, and i feel pretty good about myself today, so i'm goign to go for it. crossing my fingers that there will be no binge tonight!:drinker:
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    well i made it through lunch virtually unscathed... i had a bowl of soup, a glass of milk and some peanut butter and crackers. i'm hungry, but my snack time is coming up and i RESISTED!!! the urges and invitations to go for lunch. so hard and the first one i've missed in ages. from a social perspective, i didn't really miss much, as they filled me in on the gossip as soon as they came back... i might have to ditch out every week!

so tonight i think am going to go buy a nice steak. i haven't had meat that chews in ages, and i feel pretty good about myself today, so i'm goign to go for it. crossing my fingers that there will be no binge tonight!:drinker:

Good job, goodluck with the rest of your day