inner thighs??

Options
2»

Replies

• IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    what is the difference between plie squats and sumo squats?? they look similar to me
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Hmmm not sure why you would want to make ur legs smaller.. usually strong legs make for a SEXY BUMM..
    I love you.
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    i have the same problem! i saw a lady doing these at the gym about month ago, so i thought i'd try them too! they are working for me!

you lay on your left hip, cross right leg over with foot flat on floor, then pulse your left leg up.
    then repeat on the other side.

hope this helps! (:

this is what i was talking about! heel raises (: i love them
  • GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hmmm not sure why you would want to make ur legs smaller.. usually strong legs make for a SEXY BUMM..
    I love you.

Feelings mutual... ;-) Nice abs :flowerforyou:
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    To make them smaller, lose weight. If you want another inner thigh exercise, do Jefferson squats.
  • kimmysueneal
    kimmysueneal Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Every time I run, I feel soreness in my inner thighs the next day.
  • CherryVonBlackheart
    Options
    Yeap they are, I meant to type curtsy lunges...my cup runneth over
  • CherryVonBlackheart
    Options
    what is the difference between plie squats and sumo squats?? they look similar to me

Yeap they are...I meant to type curtsy lunges...I just wanted to make sure I didn't leave anything out! :P
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    You can only do two things: reduce body fat and increase muscle mass of the legs, primarily the adductors. So do cycles of calorie deficits followed by eating at least slightly above maintenance.

Really? How big can adductors even get? Not easier to aim for bigger quads & hams, so things are just laid out differently?
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Do you know what your body fat % is? Mayb you should lower it?
    I have like chicken legs, but still a fatty upper body, so that's what I'm doing. Lowering my upper body. Although I find my upper things a bit fatty myself. I believe lowering my body fat % should work. Mayb it would for you too?

I don't know what it is, but that's what i'm trying to do, I upped my calories, switched to a 40/30/30 (carbs, fat, protein) split for the calories, and started the lifting program, and i have seen a change, not as big a change as I want, so I'm still doing that, but the thighs seem to be the biggest issue still even though I do squats and lunges and leg lifts
  • thr33martins
    thr33martins Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have like chicken legs, but still a fatty upper body, so that's what I'm doing. Lowering my upper body. Although I find my upper things a bit fatty myself. I believe lowering my body fat % should work. Mayb it would for you too?

I don't know what it is, but that's what i'm trying to do, I upped my calories, switched to a 40/30/30 (carbs, fat, protein) split for the calories, and started the lifting program, and i have seen a change, not as big a change as I want, so I'm still doing that, but the thighs seem to be the biggest issue still even though I do squats and lunges and leg lifts

There is a link that I found posted here (I don't have the URL to the thread, but I think I found it doing a search for Eat More Weigh Less...) to a site called fat2fit.com. You want to go to the tools/calculators, and it will help you get an idea of your body fat percentage (it uses numbers instead of water displacement, but supposedly it is reliable), your BMR, your TDEE, and so forth. I used it to find out how many calories I should be eating in a day and it bumped me up quite a bit from what I thought I should be eating.

Also, regarding your legs, I think that dance is the best way to shape and tone legs. I am a Jazzercise instructor and I used to HATE my legs, but now I love them. We do a lot of plies, lunges, squats, lifts, arabesques - you name it - and I can't even begin to fathom how many of these I do in one class. Over the course of an hour, switching between different moves, there is never really a "rest" but it goes by quickly and is fun, so you don't realize how hard you are working. My legs will never be small, but they are rock hard and nothing jiggles on my thighs at all. My answer to every fitness question seems to be Jazzercise, because I love it so much and it has completely changed my body, but I do recommend you check it out in your area. :)
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options

If you don't have a lot left to lose, then results will be slow. Right now I'm 25% & trying to get to 20% so I can do a bulk & eventually end up at 15-17%. I got 6-9lbs to go. And it's happening pretty slowly. The lower your BF% is, the harder it is to move it or so I've heard & I totally believe it. So just gotta be patient. Make sure you're still eating a slight deficit.
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bf/ < here is the calculator my friend up there is talking about for your BF%. It gives me 26.4% and I've been guessed to be 24-25% by people who have saw my full body pics. So it's pretty close
    But like I said, just be patient. I'm definitely having to be with my upper body.
  • Penelope2738
    Penelope2738 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Lie on your back, legs straight up. Turn out feet, point toes, alternate feet one in front of the other, keeping knees facing out as much as possible, using inner thighs to keep legs close together. Repeat numerous times. It is a ballet exercise, and there is a reason ballet dancers have thin but muscular legs! Good luck!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Lie on your back, legs straight up. Turn out feet, point toes, alternate feet one in front of the other, keeping knees facing out as much as possible, using inner thighs to keep legs close together. Repeat numerous times. It is a ballet exercise, and there is a reason ballet dancers have thin but muscular legs! Good luck!

How to keep legs straight? Everytime i do an exercise like this where u have to lay on your back & have legs straight up in the air, i always have a bend at the knees, i find it pretty much impossible to have straight legs even with toes pointed. Help!