Sweet tooth tonight!!

Options
Okay so i have 1156 calories remaining for the day thanks to my exercise calories. I am having a sweet tooth but I am unsure what to satisfy it with. i know I need to eat come more calories so i get to indugle a bit, but should I go for one of my fave foods, or should I stay safe and eat something light and healthy? What would you do!!!????

Replies

• MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    If you have the calories, etc. I would splurge a little bit. :drinker:
  • Duganhorse
    Duganhorse Posts: 55
    Options
    I would splurge if I had that many calories to work with. I think indulging once in awhile helps us stay on track the rest of the time.
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    I can't see your diary, so I can't see what you ate today. Make sure you ate enough proteins, fat, lower on sodium... and if this is the case, sometimes you need a reward.

Now don't go eat 1156 calories of icecream... but if you'd like a higher fat flavor as a treat to yourself, have half a serving. It won't hurt (and if you deny yourself completely, you might end up binging!!)

It's important to eat well and healthy.. but if you've been good, I say go for it. At least, that's what I do. :)

Now, if something light and healthy will satisfy you then you can try that too. It's really about what YOU want.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    If you are asking that questions, you already know the answer. You just want an OK to go unhealthy. Just because you have a ton of calories left, doesn't mean for you to eat crap.
    It's a lifestyle change.
    GO HEALTHY
    Sweet tooth, try Angle Food Cake, some strawberries and FF or lite cool whip topping. That would be the craziest I personally will go on dessert.
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    What about a baked apple with cinnamon??? BBQ peach with a little bit of ice cream??? Another standby in our house (for my kiddos) is a tortilla baked at 350 for about 10 minutes or until crispy. Then I lightly butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. You can do a lighter version of this of course... I would stick to the healthier side of things :)
  • gking72
    gking72 Posts: 7
    Options
    Go ahead indulge and enjoy yourself....a piece of cake will not hurt you.....but drink plenty of water with lemon to elimnate the sweet tooth cravings....:bigsmile:
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    I never ever eat all my calories, theres no way I could eat as much as they give me and lose weight like I want to! If I were you I'd stay healthy because when I eat poorly I feel like crap emotionally! When I get a sweet tooth I eat a pack of 100 calorie Thinsations Peek Freans Shortcake Cookies!! they are yummy!
  • stfuandrun
    stfuandrun Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I would eat a few medjool dates with peanut butter. Yum, it tastes soooo good.
  • Sierrasmommy
    Options
    Kk, so I went to Walmart and got some sliced angel food cake and fat free ice cream. It was pretty good! I only added 160 calories to my day, and about 3 grams of fat. I did hear some awesome choices though, and the baked apple sounded delightful! I may use that one another day! Thanks to all of you!

On a separate note, to the girl who left the message to me stating that I wanted an OK to eat badly... Im sorry but I am unsure what your issue is. This is the second time you have been rude to me for no reason on one of my posts. You do not know me and I feel that you are being quite inconsiderate without any cause to be such. If you don't have anything decent to say then stay off of my posts, I would greatly appreciate it. If you have something nice to add then I welcome it but geez reread what you write before you hit submit. You sound very hateful.
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    That sounds delish! I think there is a way to block users Sierrasmommy...I recall seeing it from time to time. I just posted something earlier today about reminding people to be kind to others in postings because I have seen a LOT of this lately, rather than encouragement, which is why we are all on here. Right? Regardless of our shape, size, height, weight...whatever. We all have a purpose for this site and we all need to be respectful of one another :) Can I come over for treats? LOL!
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    On a separate note, to the girl who left the message to me stating that I wanted an OK to eat badly... Im sorry but I am unsure what your issue is. This is the second time you have been rude to me for no reason on one of my posts. You do not know me and I feel that you are being quite inconsiderate without any cause to be such. If you don't have anything decent to say then stay off of my posts, I would greatly appreciate it. If you have something nice to add then I welcome it but geez reread what you write before you hit submit. You sound very hateful.

Maybe she just needs to go have a cigarette... :smokin:

I hate these boards most days. Some people can be so hateful and have absolutely nothing substantial to contribute to a thread, yet they post a reply anyways.

Congrats to you for "indulging lightly!" Angel food cake w/ strawberries and some cool whip is a fave dessert of mine!
  • ciaobella47
    ciaobella47 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Would've been so tempting really indulge! You did a great job! I'm sure that'll pay off. :)
  • gking72
    gking72 Posts: 7
    Options
    Great Job.....
  • Sierrasmommy
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone!!:flowerforyou: