one day, 5 years ago...

Options
wannabe1959
wannabe1959 Posts: 80 Member
For one day, and I mean only one day, the scale teetered between 199 and 200. I of course claimed the 199. For 1 day. I hadn't seen that for probably 10 years before that. I recently went to the doctor and I read her history and physical note on my chart. "she has been coming to me since 2001 and has been obese as long as I have known her. She is now prediabetic and hypertensive.". That was so depressing to see that in writing. I remember weighing in the 120's thinking 130 felt fat. Then 130 felt ok and 150 felt fat. Then 150 felt ok and 180 felt fat. Then I was ok with 180, but 200 felt fat. That day at the doctor I weighed in at 226. I made up my mind to lose this weight. I will not be comfortable being "obese" anymore. Its a matter of health now. I have lost 25 lbs so far. The scale is at 201. Maybe in a few days, I will teeter at 199 again. but it will last longer than one day.

Replies

• tiffanyheth
    tiffanyheth Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Great work! Keep it up!
  • BAFilek
    BAFilek Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey. About 5 years ago I weighed 226. Today I weigh 170 and feel good. I know technically I could weigh less - if only I could get the scale to go down (and not eat like I did today). I wear size 8 pants and skirts. I KNOW you can do it. Keep up the good work!
  • fitmelinda7
    fitmelinda7 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You are going to do great! Keep it up - great attitude!
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    1 year ago I was 262 lbs. I made it back to ONEderland last week. It was soo nice to see that 199 again! This week's weigh in shows 196.2 so I'm here to stay and I think next week you'll make that permanent move, too! You got this!
  • Micheetah
    Micheetah Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    sieze the day! It will come. Great work on your loss so far. Just like it was a journey getting there, it wil be a journey getting back but YOU CAN DO IT! Dont give up and remember if u fall down, just get right back up. MFP is a GREAT tool, if it werent for the site, I would have given up long ago. It is now so much easier to stay within my calorie intake and natural to get activity in. Its not always easy but worth it. Im excited to see u weigh in at 199!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    5 Years ago I weighed over 300 pounds. Using the Tools here, and the Friends & Accountability has helped me lose the Weight and KEEP IT OFF for Over 2 Years!
    :flowerforyou: Good Luck!!!
  • Momto32010
    Momto32010 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You can do it! :smile:
  • wannabe1959
    wannabe1959 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    ok, I haven't posted in a while. I made it to 188!!! Can you believe it? I am still committed and still doing good. Of course the wt comes off slower as you go along, but I am staying on course. My goal is about 38 lbs away. maybe when I post again I will be there.
  • ErinG6191
    ErinG6191 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Good for you, keep up with the good work.
  • Pamko57
    Pamko57 Posts: 182
    Options
    Congrats on your progress. We are at the same weight and have similar goals. I'm thinking I want to be at 158. I'm 5'9."
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    That's a great attitude to have! I wish you the best of luck:)
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Fantastic... so glad you are hanging in there. I got serious about dieting when my physician was quizzing me to make sure I understood the signs and symptoms of a heart attack. I have lost 25 and have probably 20 more to lose. Send me a friend request if you like.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!