Ready for life change!

Options
KeithGP
KeithGP Posts: 1 Member
Hello all,

I've finally come to the realization that I can't really have that large Whataburger vanilla shake every other day like I've been doing to make myself a whopping 60 pounds overweight. MyFitnessPal iPhone app has really put things in perspective.

My girlfriend has preached and preached to me and now she finally hit me with what I love best, my computers and iPhones and this app. She put it in Keith terms where I could hear her. I love her. I thank GOD for her showing me the way. Here I am 8 pounds lighter week one with 53 more pounds to go.

Hello everyone,
Keith

Replies

• SquidInTraining
    Options
    Good for you! Brilliant start, MFP is a fantastic tool - welcome to the site, can't wait to see you reach your goal :smile:
  • lab_goddess
    lab_goddess Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Whatta gal! She sounds like a peach for pushing you (and for knowing how to get you) to take better care of yourself ! Welcome to the site! I find it is a terrific place to help me find my motivation when it is hiding and for finding support to help me keep on track!
    Good luck!
  • pena2934
    pena2934 Posts: 2
    Options
    I think having the app on my iPhone is what saved me too. I've calorie counted in the past so it wasn't hard to get back into it, but this makes it astronomically easier. Now I notice things I never took into account before like fiber and sugar intake, daily iron needs. It makes eating healthy so simple. Good luck with you goals. I'm sure you'll get there in no time at all.
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    That is so loving that your girlfriend was able to reach you through your own technology. Very smart. Congrats on your loss to date. My husband just started a lifestyle change as well. His might have been technology related too. I'm thinking his belly got in the way of the keyboard and impacted his W.O.W. game. Just teasing. Welcome to the site.
  • ANewNorene
    ANewNorene Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Your girlfriend is a sweetie pie. She knows keeping you healthy will keep you two together for a very long time.

Good luck on your weight loss journey. Since I started proactively losing weight I have lost 58 lbs and I have about 17-22 lbs left.

You can definitely do it. Keep the faith and you already have a wonderful support system.
  • mvlaurel
    mvlaurel Posts: 22
    Options
    Welcome! I haven't been doing this for very long, but I agree with you. It's very eye opening! Best of luck to you!