Hello from the Big Apple

Options
Dropping in to introduce myself. I'm Dee. Blogger, DIYer, author, TV Nerd, Foodie (of course I am), and anything that calls my attention.

Nice to meet you all.

Replies

• frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    hey dee...im in the big apple too :) welcome, i love your Dalek CAFFINATE!! picture
  • aholcz
    aholcz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hey live just outside the big apple....hoping to get a netowrk of people to keep me motivated to workout and eat right
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    hey live just outside the big apple....hoping to get a netowrk of people to keep me motivated to workout and eat right

if youd like to add me, please feel free, ive made a few workout buddies on here from the area if youre interested as well
  • deeshore
    deeshore Posts: 12
    Options
    hey dee...im in the big apple too :) welcome, i love your Dalek CAFFINATE!! picture

LOL thanks for the warm. I did say I'm a nerd right? ;)
  • deeshore
    Options

Hi! It's nice meeting you. We all need that motivation. It's truly difficult, when our lives are astonishingly busy, to stop and force ourselves to be cautious of what we consume.

If you're anything like me, I have an odd schedule. So by the time I get home is around 9pm and all I want is to stuff something quick. It's taken everything I have to stop that habit.

Together and with the support of the wonderful people here I think we could do it, what do you say???
  • deeshore
    Options
    if youd like to add me, please feel free, ive made a few workout buddies on here from the area if youre interested as well

That would be great! Need the motivation for sure.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Love your Dalek!!
  • jillwhite12
    jillwhite12 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm from Canada but I love the big apple! I try to make a trip out there every year or so... I never get tired of it :)
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm, also from NYC. Nice to meet you guys :flowerforyou:
  • deeshore
    Options
    Love your Dalek!!

Thanks! Congratulations on loosing 100lb that's an incredible milestone!
  • deeshore
    Options
    Welcome! I'm from Canada but I love the big apple! I try to make a trip out there every year or so... I never get tired of it :)

Hi Canada! Guess what? We have Tim Horton's here now LOL Sorry I had to mention it. It's so nice to meet you.

What's your favorite place in NYC?
  • BklynEibhlin
    BklynEibhlin Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi Dee and everyone! I'm from Brooklyn, work in midtown and work out at NYSC. Also a fellow DIYer, currently up to my elbows in gray primer. :happy:
    So by the time I get home is around 9pm and all I want is to stuff something quick. It's taken everything I have to stop that habit.
    This! You're stuck with my biggest problem too. :grumble:
  • deeshore
    Options
    Hello all! I'm, also from NYC. Nice to meet you guys :flowerforyou:

91lbs? Wow that's amazing congratulations! What an inspiration. Its' so nice to meet you ^_^
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Dropping in to introduce myself. I'm Dee. Blogger, DIYer, author, TV Nerd, Foodie (of course I am), and anything that calls my attention.

Nice to meet you all.

Welcome aboard. I am a former New Yorker and although I have lived in California for many years...my heart is filled with Apple memories.
  • deeshore
    Options
    Hi Dee and everyone! I'm from Brooklyn, work in midtown and work out at NYSC. Also a fellow DIYer, currently up to my elbows in gray primer. :happy:
    So by the time I get home is around 9pm and all I want is to stuff something quick. It's taken everything I have to stop that habit.
    This! You're stuck with my biggest problem too. :grumble:

Hi Brooklyn! lol That's so funny, I'm actually working on my Cricut now. Making things for my sister's baby shower next month.

Isn't it the worst having an off schedule? Honestly most night, I would just fry something quick and was done with it. Which is horrible, but I just had NO motivation to care about anything else. Now I make a point to go get produce. Check my portions, and I do it all the night before.
  • deeshore
    Options
    Welcome aboard. I am a former New Yorker and although I have lived in California for many years...my heart is filled with Apple memories.

Hi Cali! I would love to live in Venice for a few years. Maybe Santa Barbara, or San Francisco. Come back! There's no place like home ;)
  • Sandy3313
    Sandy3313 Posts: 140 Member
    Options

Nice to meet you all.

Well hello from New Jersey........welcome!
  • deeshore
    Options
    Well hello from New Jersey........welcome!

Hi Jersey! Thanks much for the welcome. Everyone is so nice! I love it
  • frazzlecg
    frazzlecg Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add. Live in Manhattan, hospital worker in Brooklyn. Love to discover ethnic hole in the wall restaurants near work.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Does anyone here enjoy running? I'm looking to start doing some races now that spring is coming up (maybe even join the road runners), and wanted to see if anyone would care to race?