It's 9pm and I've only eaten 1361 of my 1600 goal....

Options
2»

Replies

• lisalower
    lisalower Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Rainbowbow, you are evil! But I'd go pistachio pistachio!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Why aren't you eating exercise calories? TDEE-20% is 1600, not 1600-another 500 burned.

I might be misunderstanding the website but I thought if you included your exercise in the TDEE, then you shouldn't also eat their value back. It's like double counting.

If I calculated my TDEE based on sedentary lifestyle, then I should definitely eat the exercise calories back.

Thanks for the tasty suggestions!

You are correct, that would be double counting them. ;)
  • lisalower
    Options
    And she went with.......drumroll.....an apple and peanut butter! Yum!

Although I was seriously sidelined by the idea of Ben and Jerry's or wine.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Have a protein shake after every workout, this is supposed to be good for your muscles, and it helps add the extra calories in on a workout day. I wouldn't be bothered about having a protein shake at 9pm - your body doesn't know what time it is, and even if you are going to bed soon it's not a big meal, it's just a shake.

I do like the idea of wine though - and have often succumbed to that strategy :)
  • lisalower
    Options
    Have a protein shake after every workout, this is supposed to be good for your muscles, and it helps add the extra calories in on a workout day. I wouldn't be bothered about having a protein shake at 9pm - your body doesn't know what time it is, and even if you are going to bed soon it's not a big meal, it's just a shake.

I do like the idea of wine though - and have often succumbed to that strategy :)

Thanks! I couldn't help but notice your sign on name - must be an Aussie!

Me too, although I now live in the states.

Cheers!
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    If your not hungry, I would say don't eat. I think in terms of weekly calories. Of course, I'm trying to learn to listen to my natural hunger signals and emotionally detaching from food, so maybe my view is skewed. I think that a "normal" person eats when hungry and stops when they aren't and that's what I'm striving for. I find that I usually am hungrier the next day and easily make up for any "lost calories".
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Well, my goal today (rest day) is 1450. I had two options A) eat them to sufficiently get my calories or B) skip them and deprive myself of foody goodness.

Just eat them. I wasnt THAT hungry but it didnt take much for me to fill the gap.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Haagen Dazs chocolate peanut butter.

or an apple with 2T peanut butter.

or cheddar cheese with peanut butter.

or . . . peanut butter.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    What seems to be the problem?
  • jillybeanpuff
    jillybeanpuff Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I vote peanut butter and a glass of wine. It doesn't matter that it is 9, your body doesn't keep time like that.
  • lisalower
    Options
    Haagen Dazs chocolate peanut butter.

or an apple with 2T peanut butter.

or cheddar cheese with peanut butter.

or . . . peanut butter.

So, you're a fan of peanut butter? Me too.
  • lisalower
    Options
    I vote peanut butter and a glass of wine. It doesn't matter that it is 9, your body doesn't keep time like that.

Tempting....
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Almost 9pm for me, still got 597 calories left myself.. Not sure what to do as I'm still full.. Sigh.
    Okay, whatever, back to working out!
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    OP: lol, that could almost have been my post! (Except my burn only looks like 250 calories because most of it was weight lifting).

If you're hungry, eat a little more. I was hungry, so I had some bread and peanut butter (also, I looked at my macros and saw I needed some carbs -- hence the bread). But if you aren't really hungry don't force yourself to eat. If I have a day like that, though, I know I'm going to be starving in the morning, so be prepared :wink: (Not a bad thing necessarily, just be aware). And maybe you'll have a day where you end up going over by a couple hundred calories, and it will all balance out.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    The OP probably isn't paying attention to responses at this point since it's been 8 months since she posted the question. :tongue:
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    The OP probably isn't paying attention to responses at this point since it's been 8 months since she posted the question. :tongue:

Oops, I missed that this was a zombie thread :noway:

Well, some people use the search option (isn't that how threads get resurrected?) so maybe something in here would help someone anyway.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry - eat.
    If you aren't hungry - don't eat.
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    For me some days I eat less and then I'll make it up the next day. Some people are too anal. It is an average of calories in vs calories out. I would not eat just to meet my TDEE