What calorie count do I follow MFP or Fit2Fat?

Options
I just don't think I understand this and want to make sure I get it right. I will lose weight one week then not for a few and I just want to make sure I follow the right daily calorie intake. MFP is saying 1200 (I know a lot of people are at this and people say its low-and generally I am over this intake) but I saw a link to check out Fat2Fit Radio tools. I learned on there that my BMR is 1498 and it suggests that I eat 1676 cals a day. I'm not really sure I even understand the whole BMR thing :s . What do I follow- MFP or Fit2Fat? I did google some other calculators to see what they came up with but they are all different however seem to be closer to the 1200 calorie intake as well..... If anyone has some good advice I would sure appreciate it :D

Replies

• 30more2go
    30more2go Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Oh and to clarify when I do go over my 1200 calories it is not excessive at all- just a bit here and there as most days 1200 is pretty hard to do but I still eat healthy foods.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try Fat2Fit's # for a couple months and see how it works for you. Also - MFP gives you 1200 + exercise calories - so if you're working out you're likely not that far off from 1676 without eating exercise cals- maybe a couple hundred depending on what you do? So it's not some crazy huge difference...
  • 30more2go
    30more2go Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Anyone else have any idea?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    If you've set up MFP correctly and eat exercise calories like you're supposed to, there shouldn't be any significant difference between the total number of calories. It's just a matter if it's easier for you to plan your meals eating to the same calorie goal every day vs possibly having high days and low days depending on your exercise.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    When you did Fat2fit did you do goal weight TDEE or current Weight TDEE?

The most common alternative method to MFP is to work out your current TDEE and deduct 20%.

F2F asks for your goal weight and then tells you to eat at the maintenenace calories of your goal weight, so that you are simply eating like the future you.

So do you know your current TDEE? (maintenance calories?)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you've set up MFP correctly and eat exercise calories like you're supposed to, there shouldn't be any significant difference between the total number of calories. It's just a matter if it's easier for you to plan your meals eating to the same calorie goal every day vs possibly having high days and low days depending on your exercise.

This..

Also, F2F sets you up to eat like the person you want to be. So at your goal weight, a person would maintain at 1650 calories being sedentary, where as with MFP, if you chose 2 lbs per week, it's just subtracting 1000 calories from your estimated TDEE with the exception it won't allow less than 1200 calories.