How often do you weigh in, and what time of day?

Options
Also, how often do you take your measurements? I weigh myself weekly, and take my measurements bi-weekly, personally. Just wondering about everyone else's habits!

Replies

• Itza85
    Itza85 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I too weight myself weekly, and measurements every month.
  • ricklperry
    Options
    I weigh weekly first thing in the morning and take measurements once a month.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself and take full measurements monthly. Sometimes if I'm feeling down that what I'm doing isn't working, I'll measure some of my bigger areas. Did my stomach twice in the last month and both times had lost an additional half an inch which ended up being 2.25 inches for the month. Weighing in less frequently helps me not get depressed when I work hard with no results on the scale. It also helped me minimize my binges.

I always, always, ALWAYS weigh in first thing in the morning...or at least before I eat or anything. Today I woke up and went for a walk before weighing in. I guess it doesn't really matter though...as long as you always do it at the same time.
  • charlieatl
    charlieatl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess I'm obsessive.
    I weigh myself just before bed and immediately upon getting up, because I'm trying to figure out the science of how I lose weight by sleeping, a wonderful thing. On the flip-side, I want to know how much I gain during the day; only on one occasion did I ever weigh the same or less as when I weighed myself in the morning. Sadly, nothing I do, exercise-wise, has any effect on my morning weigh-in if I do it prior to weighing myself.
    Regarding measurements, I have a scale that gives me body fat, water, and muscle mass along with weight, and I take those measurements every Friday morning.
    Because I want to eat and drink beginning Friday night, and the cycle begins all over again!