The right calories vs bad calories

Options
I was wondering,

I know it is better to get your calories from fruit, veggies, and whole grains (Healthy eating) But if you have days where you just don't want to eat that healthy and you eat other things that are not so healthy, will the results be the same if you do not go over your calorie limit?

Replies

• vicki9792
    vicki9792 Posts: 31
    Options
    That's a really good question! I know I still eat a lot of sugar some days but still stay in my calorie range- does it matter?
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Good question... I'll be looking for peoples responses. :)

I play soccer 4-5 times a week, sometimes even 2 games back to back and between the extra calories I'm suppose to eat plus the fact that I have less time to eat them (not eating within an hour or so before or after the games) makes it hard to eat all my calories by only eating 'good' calories. But eating a bowl of low fat frozen yogurt uses up those calories a little faster. :)
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    You have successfully lost loads of weight (congratulations, by the way ;), so I'm guessing you are eating mostly good stuff.
    I'm thinking if the fat (the saturated fat) was not exceeded, the 'wrong' foods will not hurt you too much.
    If they were very salty, of course, you would be pushing fluids to flush all the salt and 'bad' parts of foods out of your system, right? Of course, right! ;)
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I tend to lose more when I am at home prepairing my own meals. When I travel for work and eat out all the time I retain a lot of water from the extra sodium. The difference in weeks so far has been an extra .5 lbs/week when I eat better. The weight difference is most likely just me dropping the retained water from the previous week.

Regardless of everything I just said, giving your body proper whole foods and more nutrients just seems to be the better option. I'm just busy and lazy.

Since I have so far to go to reach my goals my body is probably much more forgiving of garbage. I doubt I'll be able to drop the last 10 lbs (when I get to that point in the distant future) if I continue eating Taco Bell regularly.
  • gking72
    gking72 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I have learned there good calrories and bad calories....good caloreis consist of your fruits, veggies, starches, and lean proteins w for example bananas, pineapples, pomergrantes, broccoli, leafy greens, carrots, greans beans, potates(baked or roasted) and chicken, fish, and beef are considered good caliroes becuase they provide nutirents( FUEL) and energize the body:wink:

Bad calories enriched grains, processed fruits, carbonated and artificial beverages, fried foods, sweets are considered bad or empty calories because they fail to provide nutrients to the body.... for example have you ever skipped a workout on the weekends but just ate whatever you wanted then returned to the gym on monday and notice your workout was very slugguish. This is because the body fail to recieve any good calories....PLEASE REMEMBER JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE UNDER YOU CALORIE INTAKE EXCESSIVE SUGAR TURNS IN FAT!!!!:frown:

Also i tend to see so many people drinking gatorade or powerade during their workout...you may be surprised to see how much processed sugar are in those drinks:grumble:
  • jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I have learned there good calrories and bad calories....good caloreis consist of your fruits, veggies, starches, and lean proteins w for example bananas, pineapples, pomergrantes, broccoli, leafy greens, carrots, greans beans, potates(baked or roasted) and chicken, fish, and beef are considered good caliroes becuase they provide nutirents( FUEL) and energize the body:wink:

Bad calories enriched grains, processed fruits, carbonated and artificial beverages, fried foods, sweets are considered bad or empty calories because they fail to provide nutrients to the body.... for example have you ever skipped a workout on the weekends but just ate whatever you wanted then returned to the gym on monday and notice your workout was very slugguish. This is because the body fail to recieve any good calories....PLEASE REMEMBER JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE UNDER YOU CALORIE INTAKE EXCESSIVE SUGAR TURNS IN FAT!!!!:frown:

Also i tend to see so many people drinking gatorade or powerade during their workout...you may be surprised to see how much processed sugar are in those drinks:grumble:

Hmmmmm, well if it gets turned to fat anyway....
  • jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    I tend to lose more when I am at home prepairing my own meals. When I travel for work and eat out all the time I retain a lot of water from the extra sodium. The difference in weeks so far has been an extra .5 lbs/week when I eat better. The weight difference is most likely just me dropping the retained water from the previous week.

Regardless of everything I just said, giving your body proper whole foods and more nutrients just seems to be the better option. I'm just busy and lazy.

Since I have so far to go to reach my goals my body is probably much more forgiving of garbage. I doubt I'll be able to drop the last 10 lbs (when I get to that point in the distant future) if I continue eating Taco Bell regularly.

I have to prep my own meals too or I will cheat! I am in better control of what I eat and i am positive of the calorie intake whenever I do it myself.