filling snack under 300 cals

Options
foxyforce
foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
i am starving...and was wondering what is mad filling and yummy under 300 cals. i can't think cause im so hungry.

Replies

• FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    1/2 Cup of lowfat cottage cheese and fruit :-)
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    A can of tuna seasoned with mustard and capers?
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    String cheese and water.
    Crackers and peanut butter
    yogurt with granola
    Oatmeal
    mixed nuts
    pita chips and hummus
    English Muffin with cream cheese
  • tomdryan
    tomdryan Posts: 4
    Options
    Not sure if you're looking for snacks or main courses, but here are some snack suggestions that work for me:

Zone Perfect Mint Chocolate Nutrition Bar - tastes like a cross between rice crispy treats and thin mint girl scout cookies (210c)
    Healthy Choice Low Fat Fudge Bars, from Costco - tastes like rich, premium ice cream (100c)
    Edamames - sprinkle with salt. Lots of protein and they take a while to eat so it seems like you're getting more (~120c)

Hope that helps...

-Tom
  • cotton1985
    cotton1985 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    1 serving baked tostidos
    2 tbls shredded cheese

Put in microwave melt cheese on chips

1 tlbs low fat sour cream
    2 tbs salsa

280 calories best snack ever!
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    I like the 100 calorie bags of sun chips, baked lays or baked cheetos! Also the thinsations 100 calorie bags of short cake cookies, mmmm!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Not too filling, but a good sugar fix - 2/3 cup mini marshmallows is 100 cals. Usually about 1/2 cup will do it!

Also - for 300 cals you can eat like 6 cups of green beans. Though if they are canned that's a lot of sodium often.

Tuna is a good one! Also a PB sandwich. Open face is usually about as filling as the 2nd piece of bread.
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    300 calories is more like a meal rather than a snack. If you're hungry than eat a meal. If you are looking for a snack than you should keep it under 150 calories.

I rarely eat snacks, I eat 250-300 calorie meals 5 times a day. Snacks don't cut it for me. I like to eat. :tongue:
  • 365healthchallenge
    Options
    Greek yogurt with chia seeds mixed in (they expand when they come in contact with moisture and help fill you up, there are tons of other health benefits too...its a superfood) and sometimes I like to add some fruit and nut granola on top (less than a serving) just for some added flavor and texture. As long as you keep your portions in check this can be around 200 calories. I eat this for breakfast a lot, but I'll mix in a scoop of vanilla whey protein powder too (adds extra protein and calories) and sometimes some fresh fruit.

Cottage cheese is another great snack

My doctor recommended EAS Advantage Carb Control Protein bars (made by Abbott Labs the same company that makes Zone bars) they are AWESOME and taste like a candy bar. Those come in around 210 calories.

Smoothies can be great snacks too, and filling. Add plenty of fresh fruit, or you can even make a "Green Monster" and throw some spinach in there (you can't taste it with the fruit in there I swear) :)

The possibilities are almost endless, fruits and veggies in general are relatively low calorie (you can eat 2 whole bell peppers for less than 100 calories! just skip the dip) and they're high in fiber and other nutrients so they're extra good for you snacks.

Hope this helps.
  • tomdryan
    tomdryan Posts: 4
    Options
    Doh! You said snack in the title. Nevermind.
  • bombus
    bombus Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    a poached egg with a little smoked salmon and some spinach leaves. The breakfast of kings (well Queens really.....) enjoy!
  • drohde12
    drohde12 Posts: 22
    Options
    melba snacks, hormel turkey pepperoni, string cheese = 190 cals

1 oz emerald cocoa roast almonds = 150 cals

Clif brand z bars = about 130 cals

baby carrots or an apple and 1 tablespoon peanut butter = about 200 calories