Finally happened; first comment!

Options
I'm a software engineer; my office is in Manhattan but I work from home. I went into the office today for the first time in probably 8 weeks and one of my coworkers said "Are you slimming down? You look thinner.". That's a good feeling. I'm 17 pounds in for the people who look at those "How long until people noticed" threads.

Replies

• Congrats! That is such an awesome feeling! :) Way to go!
  • ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I become giddy when someone notices. Good for you!
  • determined136
    Options
    This is always a great day!!! Congrats
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I work in software too :)
    Congrats! It feels good when other people can notice the difference as well
  • ammadove
    ammadove Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hoorrayyy for you! Keep up the good work !
  • rrice172
    Options
    It feels good when people notice. Almost as good as seening the lbs drop on the scale. I was down about 20 lbs before someone finally noticed it. Now Im down 45 lbs and it happens alot more frequently but it feels just as good every time it happens. Good luck on your journey.
  • annlsinger
    annlsinger Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • EvilShenanigansTX
    EvilShenanigansTX Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :) It is a GREAT feeling!

The first person to say something to me was the woman who does my nails. Now every time I go to see her she asks how much more I have lost. :D

Keep up the good work!
  • Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    Options
    Congrats! Always a good feeling! Keep up the good work!
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Sweet! I can't wait until this happens! My boyfriend tells me..but I think he just wants me to feel good about myself lol
    So I can't wait for somebody (besides him, who knows I've been trying) to notice!
    YAY CONGRATS!
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • jimfoxer
    jimfoxer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Good job! My wife told me she noticed when I had lost less than 10 pounds. She said that it was noticeable in my face (apparently that thins out first), but I never believe her since she knows I'm dieting and wants to encourage me. However when others notice, I just deny it and say it's my clothes or something. I'm trying to see how long I can deny losing weight to make others think they are losing their minds and insist that I'm lying to them. That's when I'll know that I'm really starting to thin out. :)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Nice job!

You obviously don't work for Yahoo. :laugh:
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • 3nchantress
    Options
    That's great! Keep up the good work!

I'm still waiting for that day. I did have some friends I hadn't seen in a long time do a double take and tell me I looked really good when we met up last week - but I don't think that they could really pin down what it was. There's a lot for me to lose so it'll take some time to be really noticeable :)
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Great feeling isn't it? LOL

I work from home too but it took a lot more pounds for folks to notice, can't recall exact amount but I was pretty much wearing the same ( now baggy) stuff as I was wearing before.
  • WingerE
    WingerE Posts: 2
    Options
    Yeah I lost 30lb and the first thing that was said was "HMM your arms look skinny?" WHAT!!! I couldn't believe that was my first comment. Two pant sizes later. Of course my husband noticed but really.

My weight is always very proportionate so I never looked huge, but 200 - 170 is crazy to have no one notice.

However 20 more lbs down and I went to my home town and I had a lady stop me and say "how'd you do it!"

That felt good because I wasn't big when I lived there and no one knew how big I had gotten so that meant people noticed I was smaller then when I was in HS. 50lb! Yeah!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That must feel terrific and is a nice reward for the work you've put in! :drinker:
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! It'll only get better from here. Way to go, man!
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Awesome! It snowballs. There's a lot of feel good when it comes to this. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!