Tweaking the nutrition to end plateau.

Options
Well, I've been doing well for quite a while, but now seem to just be hovering up and down 5 lbs over the course of the week.

So, out of curiosity, I am going to try and tweak my nutrition a little bit to see what happens.

I'm just going to eliminate sugar from my diet. Well, sugar, and anything that is sweeted with an artificial sweetener (except for maybe Xylitol and Stevia), and limit my grains to one meal a day (I want to keep my morning steel-cup 1/2 cup of oats, but lose the lunch sandwich)

and (here's the big one) . No, Alcohol. none, no "one glass a day of red wine, no "single malt scotch in moderation". Not a drop.

I am not going to do much more exercise than I do now (a little yoga and maybe a jog a couple days a week to stay nice and stretchified).

We'll see what March brings me in that department. Will report back in 30 days =)

Replies

• Sassy3k
    Sassy3k Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    HI ,

Can I say I am not sure cutting out grains from your diet is a good idea. It's important to have a balance diet. I don't know what your current diet looks like, but have you thought about adding more veggies and fruits..in that order? I can see that you have lost 58 lbs that is amazing in itself. Keeping up with your fitness level is good, have you thought about just walking...as I understand that you can burn more calories going for a stroll verse walking fast because you don't use momentum when your out for a stroll verses jogging...just a thought. I have found getting enough sleep has helped me with my weight loss....Anyways..i hope you are very successful in reaching your goal.
  • JustAGemini
    JustAGemini Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I noticed a big difference when I stopped drinking alcohol... and then when I added it back in, I stalled.
    Since then I removed alcohol and increased my fresh veggie/fruit juice and it really seemed to help...
    Gives my liver a break and all the juicing gives me tons of energy!
    Best of luck,
    Melissa