Am I eating too much peanut butter in a day?

Options
http://www.oxygenmag.com/Community/Blogs/Oxygens-Staff-Blog/How-Much-Peanut-Butter-is-Too-Much-Peanut-Butter.aspx

I can have up to four tablespoons of all natural, no sodium peanut butter in one day, sometimes days in a row. Is this too much? = / We've been struggling with buying food because of money issues and I have to do with what i have.

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    When it takes your over your goals for the day, then it's too much.

ETA: Which is exactly the conclusion that article comes to. Moderation.
  • TheFitFireman
    TheFitFireman Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Depends on your daily macros, and the macros of the peanut butter. As long as you're not going over on your fats for the day then it's no big deal.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    IIFYM and you calorie goals then it's fine....

I think the article suggests that it might be a problem is because a lot of people don't measure it and have no clue how many calories they are consuming...if you're just blindly trying to lose weight without calorie counting, peanut butter would be something obvious and logical to cut back on as it is a calorie dense food...if you're counting calories though...who cares...just fit it into your calorie goal. I eat peanut butter pretty much daily.
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    you can NEVER have too much peanut butter!!!!
  • loic901
    loic901 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    buying 1Kg of kraft smooth peanut butter each 2 weeks so no you could eat 1 tub per day if it fit your macro
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as too much peanut butter!
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options

My sentiments, exactly. Too much is never enough.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options

My sentiments, exactly. Too much is never enough.

Agreed. However, I have switched to PB2 or Better n' Peanut butter to help stay within my goals
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter and have to remind myself that there is 190 calories in 2tbsp. which adds up quick!
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I can't buy it because I will go completely overboard with it and ruin my entire day. So for ME, there IS such a thing as too much peanut butter!
  • friendthegirl
    Options
    If you're not going over your goals for the day then I guess not. I buy it rarely because I will eat rice cakes with peanut butter for every meal if I have the ingredients. I actually have peanut butter on my shopping list for tomorrow for the first time in ages as I've been doing so well that I think I will be able to eat it in moderation.
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    PB2 here also. Not so cheap though. Have you tried some Beans and Rice For a change? Cheaper than Peanut Butter. (not the canned kind) So Many Homemade different meals you can make From all sorts of things cheaper than Peanut Butter! Just Saying...
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    20g (1 Tbs) of peanut butter = 100 calories.
    You should make your decision regarding what is appropriate consumption with this fact in mind.
    kind regards,

Ben