Running Friends

Options
After completing my first 5K, I have realized I am now totally hooked up on running. When I started (five months ago) I saw my early morning jogs as a rather painful thing that had to be done to be fit/healthy. Now really I look forward to the next training day!

I’ve set my sights on my next two races. A 10K in mid July and a half marathon in early October. I’d love to find new friends who are also into running; novices just starting, veteran runners and everyone in between.

Replies

• christocentrist
    Options
    I am highly addicted to running; but I don't do it in the winter because I'm part bear so I hibernate.

Seriously though, I love running and I am looking forward to warm months. I can't stand treadmills and I'm mainly a cross-country runner; I try to run a different route every day!!
  • CaciaXX
    CaciaXX Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm trying to get back into running, feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • frazzlecg
    frazzlecg Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm currently sidelined with injury. But last month ran in freezing temps, strong winds, even hail. Nothing could stop me. Waiting until I can hit pavement again.

Congrats on signing up for the races. Besides those, what are your current running goals?
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    wow you're pumping up the volume super fast! i envy that! i'm doing 5K's right now, have 3 of them in the next 5 weeks, i'm not looking at a 10K until next year, I'm going to do a bunch of 5K's this year and just focus on my speed, I'm an uber slow turtle, and slowly increase distance. I have a permanently injured left leg and foot so I can't get too crazy all at once, LOL!!! kudos to you! :bigsmile:
  • amberleighxoxo1
    Options
    Hello! I am new to running, I did a bit of sprinting and cross country in high school and plan on running my first 5k on mothers day, and to hopefully run my first half marathon next summer! Feel free to add me!
  • keninf
    keninf Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am only new to running about 6 months or so now, started this time last year with walking on a new treadmill, then got faster and faster until running became the norm. I do treadmill when weather is really bad (live in the mountains with a lot of snow) but also run in cold, sunny weather- snow and Ice and all. Have not done any official races yet, but plan on a few 5 ks and a 10k by summer's end- have registered for and will run a Ragnar with a family team- it is a relay and I will be one of 12 team members and will have 3 legs to complete in 24 hours- mine will be 5.7miles moderate difficulty, 3.6 miles easy difficulty, and lastly 4.4 miles moderate difficulty. I still find I have to talk myself into a run now and then, but love the way I feel after I am finished, and love the outdoor runs, trails or roads the best. Feel free to add me if you like- good luck with your training!
  • jrmartinezb
    jrmartinezb Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Congrats on signing up for the races. Besides those, what are your current running goals?

I haven't really thought of goals other than completing the races. I did my 5K in about 26 minutes, so I guess completing the 10K in under 55 min would be nice. The truth is since I have just one race in my record I don't have a very clear idea of what to aim for. Pointers?
  • m1key87
    m1key87 Posts: 113
    Options
    hi matey or anyone into running i have got a 10k on the 31st of march feel free to add me