What is your ultimate motivator?

Options
Mine is the feeling of accomplishment. And also the confidence.

But sometimes those things escape my mind and I give up, so I would love to know - what is your ultimate motivator? What keeps you going when things get tough?

Replies

• Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I try to remind myself how I want to look or certain items in my closet I want to wear again! Also---the fact that I don't want to let myself down by not making any progress
  • chiakumu
    chiakumu Posts: 1
    Options
    My friend
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Being awesome. That probably sounds simple and flippant, but that's what it really distills down to.

Being awesome.

Eff yeah.
  • HeatherNicoleMomOf4
    Options
    i keep looking back at photo's from over the summer before i gained some weight back to be able to get back to that and being able to help my friends on their weight loss journey
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    My pounding heart and shortness of breath.

When the problems started, I dealt with them by resting. Then I rested more. And then it occurred to me that if I keep going the direction I have been the past 10 years or so that I'll never be able to do anything, go anywhere or see anything new -- except that which can be seen from a car window or on my computer screen.

Now, I am fighting back, a little at a time.
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    to look hot-hey, you asked.
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Mood - exercise will improve the feel of any bad day, and make good days better.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I wanna be able to wear WHATEVER I want.

and also.. sad to say it... my husband

He is a REALLY bad motivator in encouragement and is all the time telling me I can't do it (he's jealous of me as he is overweight and lazy) so I keep pushing play on insanity to prove him WRONG.

Works for me!
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Both of my parents are diabetic. I need to not follow in their footsteps.
  • hunger4love
    hunger4love Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feeling powerful/energetic/strong. Oh, and looking really good naked. Yeah, that about sums it up.
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    A dear friend who I have known for around ten years motivates me, but mostly it's the drive to get back my life..
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    When I want to stop I picture the future ripped me telling me that I'm going to make it I just have to keep going. Is that weird? lol

Oh yeah and before I lost the weight I pictured skinny me haha
  • Helenov
    Helenov Posts: 56
    Options
    When I get to my goal weight, I'm going to do something really crazy, something I've wanted to do my whole life and would never otherwise do. That's my goal!
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    The need to not feel like *kitten* all the time
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I wanna be able to wear WHATEVER I want.
    i keep looking back at photo's from a number of years ago - before i gained this weight
    My pounding heart and shortness of breath.
    Wanting to feel energetic & strong. Oh, and looking really good naked.
    Yeah, that about sums it up.

Yes, I copied & pasted these (with a few alterations) from what other members said, but my left index finger is in a splint (jammed it while sanding) so typing isn't as easy (quick) as it usually is for me,
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    My mood soars when I feel and look trim and light. I look young for my age and my normal weight is part of the reason. I've been taking some intense sewing classes for a while and plan to make some clothes using couture-style techniques. I don't want to spend that kind of time on something if I'm not going to look my best. Both my parents have Type II Diabetes and the current belief is that obesity plays a role.
  • crawford4398
    crawford4398 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Frustration !!!!

Pushes me Every Time!!!!!
  • MandyPhoe
    MandyPhoe Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am new on here. -awkward newbie wave-

I know this sound silly but I really wanna look great in a 2-piece bathing suit by by birthday this year. I have been in denial of my weight and the way that I look for long enough.

I have always been physically fit and flexible but I didn't look it. It is about time for my body to start reflecting what it is truly capable of.

Here are my key hallmarks and motivators;

1) Getting into a pair of denim shorts I bought a while back but couldn't wear out in public because of a case of muffin top (MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!! NO MORE MUFFIN TOP) ^.^
    2) Yoga Pants - I no longer want to over-wobble in you
    3) Yoga Shorts + Knee High Sock Combo - I don't know where I would possibly wear it to.... but I wanna look good in this combo
    4) Rock a bikini by my 28th birthday
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    my ULTIMATE motivator? Having the body I thought I would never in a million years get to own... and I know it will be a reality before long... :wink:
  • spicacio
    spicacio Posts: 33
    Options
    Helping others achieve their goal. Motivating them and making them realize they CAN do it and all their hard work WILL pay off. This is such a great site!