I Really Need A Motivator <3

Options
My name is Danielle and I weigh 296lbs. I've always been overweight, ever since I was a little kid, and it's only gotten worse over the years. My goal is 150lbs (I'm 5'4 and have a large frame, and from what I read 139-149lbs are the best to fit larger framed women.) I've already started making changes in my life (almost completely eliminated soda, sugary and starchy foods, etc) and exercise more. My problem--staying on task. I have no workout/fitness buddy or anyone to motivate me and I'd really like to find someone who is losing weight, or who has already lost weight to inspire/motivate me to keep going. It'd make me feel better and make me want to stay on the path to weight loss. Get in touch with me if you'd be interested in helping me out! Male or female, doesn't matter. I just need someone :)

Replies

• 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    The drive, the fire, the passion has to come from within. You have to want it more than you want what you have now. If you need guidance along your journey, please ask me anything. I wish you the best.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Feel free tp add me.
  • MissionPossible20
    Options
    This may not be any help at all but I thought I'd share just in case!

"Never give up on a dream because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"If your tired of starting again stop giving up."

"You can't make temporary changes and expect permanent results".

"Eat for the body you want".

"My body takes care of me so I will take care of it".

"My health is my wealth."

:)
  • kbutz1
    kbutz1 Posts: 8
    Options
    Danielle,

My name is Kevin and I would love to help you out. This is actually what I do. I am a Team Beachbody coach and it is my job and my passion to help others reach their health and fitness goals. I work with an incredible team of people, both coaches and friends, and we all have the same goal in mind and that is to help others get where they want to be. If you want me to help motivate you, support you, advise you and keep you accountable to yourself, you'll just need to realize that I am going to bring tons of others with me to do that if you will allow me to.

Okay, so...
    You've identified your problem(s):
    - You are overweight and not where you would like to be as a 20 year old woman

You've set a goal:
    - You would like to get to 150 lbs before you go on tour with your band. (roughly half your current body weight if I read your post correctly which said you weighed 296 lbs.) (Please let me know if this is indeed correct. I only ask because your photo does not reflect that much weight and I want to make sure it wasn't a typo)
    a.) What is your due date for meeting your fitness goal? This will help us determine what we need to be doing each week to steadily get you to where you want to be.
    b.) Is your goal and your due date for your goal realistic? If you need to lose 100 lbs in a month, it is not realistic. But if you need to lose 100 lbs in 6-9 months, we can certainly work towards that.

You've listed some to do items to help you reach your goal:
    - Eliminate soda, sugary foods and starchy foods.
    - Exercise more

Now we need to focus in on those to do items and really identify specific things that you will do each and every day to reach your goal.

1.) Determine your Basal Metabolic Rate. This is an estimate of the number of calories your body will burn in a day if you literally just sat in a chair all day long.
    a.) Go to www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/ and input your height, weight, age, gender info and click the Calculate BMR button. Your BMR will appear in the Green Bar right above the data inputs. This is where you will work from to determine your caloric intake for the day.

2.) Do you have a heart rate monitor that tracks caloric burn?
    a.) Sportline makes an inexpensive one, Polar is good, Timex makes a decent one too. Or do you have something like a Body Bugg that you can wear all day long on your arm that will track lots of your body metrics.
    b.) As important as it is to know what you are putting in your body, we need to know what your body is burning during normal daily activity as well as during your workouts.

3.) Track all of your food intake here on MyFitnessPal.
    a.) Yes that means all of it. Everything that goes in must be tracked. This will get easier over time.

4.) What exercise plan are you following?
    a.) Do you have a fitness program that you are using like Slim in 6, Turbo Jam, Les Mills Combat, P90X, etc.
    b.) Or are you following your own plan (ie. Walking, Weights, Circuit machines, zumba, etc).
    c.) If you would like to start on a fitness program, let me know and I will help you find something that will work best for you, your preferences and/or limitations and your schedule.

5.) What time of day do you workout and how often? Finding "ME" time or in this case "YOU" time on a regular schedule will improve the likelihood that you will stay accountable and motivated.
    a.) Shoot for exercising 4-6 days per week with one day each week slated as a rest day so your body can recover.

6.) Drink LOTS of water.
    a.) At least half your body weight number in ounces each day. If you weigh 296, then drink 148oz of water per day (roughly)

7.) Eat small healthy meals 5 times per day
    a.) This will help to increase your metabolism which will help your body burn more calories more efficiently and evenly throughout the day.

8.) Log your workouts each day
    a.) Either here are on MyFitnessPal or you can sign up for a free Team Beachbody account at http://free.zenithfitness.net You can track your workouts, your progress, find other folks doing similar workouts and add workout buddies. I will be listed as your coach. There are blogs and forums and a wealth of information is provided to answer almost any health/fitness question.

9.) Believe in yourself
    a.) Every day, look in the mirror, but don't look at the image of the person staring back. Instead look into the eyes of that image, into the heart of that image and the mind of that image. That is where change happens.
    b.) Tell yourself you are worth it.
    c.) Tell yourself you deserve better health.
    d.) Tell yourself you are special.
    e.) Love yourself for the person you are because the person you are is the person who wants to be the person you want to be. Make sense?

10.) Check in with your accountability group EVERY DAY!
    a.) Not only are they going to motivate you, but you are motivating them as well.

Please feel free to send me a facebook friend request if you'd like at www.facebook.com/kevin.butz.92
    Check out my profile at http://profile.zenithfitness.net so you can learn more about me and my fitness journey over the last several years.

I hope to hear from you soon, Danielle.

Kevin Butz
    Independent Team Beachbody Coach
    coachkpb@gmail.com
    www.zenithfitness.net
    www.facebook.com/kevin.butz.92