High Protein Baked Potato Soup

Options
mgobluetx12
mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
This soup is inspired from a recipe I found on Skinny Taste. This has a big serving and is meant to be the main dish. It keeps us full for hours.

Servings - 4
Serving Size - 2 cups

Calories - 348
Fat - 11
Protein - 40
Carbs - 21

Ingredients -
1lb chicken breast
3 cups cooked cauliflower (I used a frozen bag of the kind you steam in the microwave)
2 medium potatoes (washed)
1.5 cups 1% milk
3 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup light sour cream
1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
4 slices turkey bacon (I used Butterball Thin and Crispy)
4 T chives
salt and pepper

Trim fat from chicken and poach for 10 minutes. While chicken is poaching, pierce potatoes with a fork; microwave on high for 5 minutes turn over and microwave another 5 minutes, until tender. Let cool and peel. Remove chicken from pan and place in bowl in fridge.

In large pan, put milk, chicken stock, cauliflower, potatoes and bring to a boil. While the soup is getting heated up, shred the chicken with either 2 forks or your hands. Once boiling, reduce to simmer and add chicken. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. Consistency will be thick. Add sour cream and salt/pepper to taste. Simmer for 15 minutes, while cooking bacon.

Ladle 2 cups into bowls and top with 2T of cheese, 1T of chives and 1 slice of bacon and enjoy! Perfect for cold days. A great way to get kids (and adults) to eat cauliflower!

Replies

• CasablancasTX
    Options
    So it doesn't taste like cauliflower at all? Sounds great and I LOVE all the protein!
  • Nana82Much
    Nana82Much Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!!! :D
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Sounds really good. I might have to try this, though I don't think I would blend it. I like my baked potato soup chunky. :P
  • MishaKudo
    MishaKudo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Mmm~ sounds fabulous! I'll definitely try it in the future. I love soups!
  • cindys0417
    cindys0417 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    You can definitely leave it chunky, but I would at least blend up the cauliflower. I actually blended one potato and left the other for after the immersion blender.

Correct, you do NOT taste the cauliflower.
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!