Newbie from the PNW trying to lose a few!

Options
Hello everyone! I just happened upon this site today, and I've got to say, I love it!

I've tried several times in my relatively short life to take control of my physique, and I've had precisely 0 success.
My most recent drive is spurred by my determination to become a police officer. I simply got fed up with always
having the Height/Weight/Age requirement hold me back. I'm dedicated to making this change!

I'm looking forward to tracking my progress with the rest of you!

Replies

• dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I am also in the PNW. Good luck, but your dedication should be all you need!
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    ME too from the PNW! hope you find lots of success on this site, as I have!
    :flowerforyou:
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    PNW here too. This site is great!!! Welcome and good luck!
  • annasid78
    annasid78 Posts: 99
    Options
    What is PNW??? Pacific North West is all I am coming up with....
  • tavander
    tavander Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yay, more PNWers!!! Please feel free to add me.
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    PNW!!! Home and always will be, wouldn't have it any other way!! Welcome to MFP! This is actually my first day back on the site after a little lapse. Keep recording...it will really open your eyes.

Hey all you PNWers what are your goals, long and/or short?
  • Heliongann
    Options
    Heh, didn't realize so many of you were PNWers! Thanks for the warm welcome!
  • emay45
    emay45 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    PNW here too! =) Welcome!
  • NWgardener
    NWgardener Posts: 28
    Options
    Me too! Living in the PNW is great--but ya gotta love the rain! It's green here for a reason.

Good luck with your weight-loss goals!
  • Tamishumate
    Options
    I am so sick of the flippin rain!! I want to run outside and I dont like running in the rain, lol. Not the best place to live for that !
  • tavander
    tavander Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    But running in the rain can be so fun. The hard part is starting. I don't mind it but I'm born and raised in Washington.
  • bp72
    bp72 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm in the PNW too! Good luck meeting your weight loss goals!

I'm here trying to lose the baby weight after having twins 6 months ago. Needless to say, I don't have much time to spend on the message boards, but every now and then I get a few minutes. I'm about 5 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight, but I want to lose another 5-15 after that. And I'm soo soo sick of the rain too. If it were just me, I wouldn't mind it so much. But with a 2.5 year old and 6 month old twins, getting out of the house is extremely hard (but a good workout) and the rain makes it a real challenge.

Brigitte
  • Tamishumate
    Options
    But running in the rain can be so fun. The hard part is starting. I don't mind it but I'm born and raised in Washington.

hmmm, I dont think running in the rain is fun at all .. lol
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I have to agree, no rain running for me...I'm not much of a runner anyway, and I'm surely not going to get the motivation to do so in the rain. The sun actually came out today but the wind has been chilly, ick, chills ya to the bone. Nothing like a good workout to warm ya up though!!!