Looking for "Droid" app to log calories/fitness

Options
Hi everyone,

I've been waiting for a MyFitnessPal app for my Droid, but I just read that they are working on a second app for the iPhone. I think it's going to be awhile and with summer traveling and camping here, I need an app now. Does anyone have a recommendation for something similar to MFP that I can take with me when I travel and still log my food and exercise?

Thanks!

Replies

• MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I just got a palm pixi and I can use MFP on the web browser. You could try that and see if it works. I love that I can take it on the go with me now!!!:love:
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I access MFP via the web browser on my droid phone and can use it without a problem. An app would be better, but this works for the time being.
  • brittney1211
    brittney1211 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I tried using MFP on my HTC Hero and I can log in successfully, but I can't change the servings of any foods and I cannot add the food to my diary. Any suggestions?
    I too cannot wait for a MFP app!
  • KarenGach
    KarenGach Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Myfooddiary.com is a great web app for $9/month (sorry myfitnesspal.com). It's got a mobile web site, so maneuvering on your droid is easier than a non-mobile site like what mfp has.

MFP - Rather than reinventing the wheel with a droid app, how about just give us a mobile www so we all can use it?
  • mamajoytimes2
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I appreciate it!
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just use MFP in your web browser? It looks exactly the same as when your on a computer. I use it on my Droid every day.
  • mswing7674
    mswing7674 Posts: 44
    Options
    I used MFP on my browser with my droid as well
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I too use the browser on my driod...
  • 365healthchallenge
    Options
    There are lots of good free apps out there for Android phones to help with your weight loss :)

Granted you can just access MFP from the browser, but if you want here are some of the tools I use:

Calorie Counter, does exactly what it says, it helps you keep track of the nutritional information of the food and beverages you consume daily. It even has a barcode scanner so you can scan an item and pull up detailed nutrition info. It also includes a food diary, an exercise diary, a weight tracker and it keeps track of popular brands including restaurants for you.

CardioTrainer, this app is fantastic. You input in what you're doing workout wise and it will track your time, average speed, mileage (if you're walking, running, etc) and calories burned. It works with Google Maps so you can see a map of your route. There is a free add on that you can do with it called Move Your Bot, where every time you exercise it builds up "energy" for your bot and you can have him compete against other move your bot users in a variety of events. The app also allows you to compete against others worldwide by tracking how long you train for. There are two paid add ons (both are $2 apiece, one is a weight loss tracker and the other allows you to "race yourself" to try and beat your best time) but I haven't used them.

Might be worth checking out, since they're free :) Hope this helps.