How do you push yourself during at home work outs?

Options
I run , do yoga at home, CLX and turbo fire, I am woundering how you push yourself to the next level and stop yourself from slacking? i defintly find i dont push myself as hard as i do when i got to a PT.

Replies

• larsfromars
    larsfromars Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    A HRM was the answer for me. I never realized how much I was going through the motions with cardio until I got one. Now I burn
    an average of 100 to 150 more calories in an hour by keeping an eye on my heart rate, and pushing myself. Good Luck !
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    a HRM for sure.

Also, thinking about how guilty I would feel if I quit, and how good I'll feel after.
  • keepingm0tivated
    Options
    I use a mirror. Oh so motivating. :c
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    My opinion: pushing yourself is a trend we have allowed ourselves to believe we have to do. I have found - for myself - if I work to the best of my safe limits and don't try to push myself, my body recovers sooner and the progress comes easier than if I am pushing all the time.

You may say that is great for maintenance but not growth, but I have seen strength increases from sets of 1 or 2 push-ups to currently 3 sets of 10 diamond push-ups and going from 3 sets of 6 pike push-ups to currently doing 3 sets of 3 handstand (wall) shoulder presses. I always finish each set feeling I could have done one more and I have seen better increases that way than pushing each set to faiure.

-- just a different approach to the problem.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I enjoy it
    I see myself looking better
    I see the results that I track showing I'm lifting more and more
    I feel better
    I feel stronger
    I enjoy it! (did I say that one?)

It's like a game - I log what I've done and then try to beat that next time. Sometimes I don't, and that's ok, I'll try again next session. Most times I do and I love putting the tick in the box that means I did enough to go up a level next time!
  • JackieHJ
    JackieHJ Posts: 9
    Options
    Playing music.
    Then again I am a music lover, and listening to music is the main motivator to even start exercising every day.

And indeed, doing it in front of a mirror. If you've got any fat, it will jiggle. Think of how that's going to slim down if you keep going.

Also, always log it. Even if it was just 5 minutes. Logging makes it worth the pain :P