diabetic? hi blood pressure? Depressed? Read on..

Options
I was diagnosed with diabetese in 2005. Back then i was around 190 lbs. in 2008 i decided that enough was enough and i no longer want to be on the "pills" for my blood sugar and a pill for "cholestrol" and one for "blood thinnig". 3 pills total.
I'm a muslim and learnt that the "Prophet Mohammad" fasted twice a week EVERY week (Monday and Thursday), i started that.

Though my Dr thought i had lost my mind. I also bought me some Joe Weider gear from "play-it-again store" and also made spiders and other creatures homeless from my treadmil. Since then i have not looked BACK to my older time yet.

i went from 190 to 165 within 2 years and then it was NOT going ANY lower. but this "MFP" is the best management system that i have ever used, now i find myself @ 155 lbs and from 36 to 32 waist only by watching what i eat along with my routinely working out lifestyle.

yes, i'm still going strong without ANY pills for 2 years. I check my blood sugar, my blood work for the vital numbers etc. All is hecking out well. Oh also, the life insurance that once used to quote me more then $150 for $250k policy is now around $70 :bigsmile:
I believe for the most of our illnesses (other than the incurable ones), we ourselves hold the key to the healing. Human body is the engineering @ its best. no bottle necks, no hot fixes, service packs, versions, firmware updates. PERFECT as quran calls it.
so All in all what has worked for me so far:
1- Diabetese: Eat right and Regular excercise as you can see my profile on MFP
2- Hi blood pressure and cholestrol: eat right, and Regular excercise.
3- Depression: NEVER thought i had except my Dr wanted me to start the pill. I look @ life from many angles and try to find positivity. WHen you are in some hardship, Look @ someone who has it even worst. And try to help them. It always works for me. I find joy in Shelter work for homeless and specially children shelter.

Thank you for reading my long spech :smile:

I wish all of the users good luck and hope you all reach your goals. Peace out

Replies

• Slipperystar
    Slipperystar Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your common sense and inspiring post. I am very committed now after a possible health problem. I plan to be a new me very soon!:smile:
  • Reign
    Reign Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspirational story.