Daily Calorie count - help

Options
Okay, so my TDEE is 3064 and my BMR is 2481. TDEE -20% is 2451, but I shouldn't eat below 2481. This seems like a ton of calories is my calculatins right and I need to eat the 2451 per day?

Want to make sure I am doing this right and I don't want to waste time and not be doing this properly, when I can be doing it right and setting myself up for the most suceess.

Replies

• freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    If you could state your age, weight, height, activity level then someone can look into it for you.
  • JustinSLawler
    JustinSLawler Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Okay, so my TDEE is 3064 and my BMR is 2481. TDEE -20% is 2451, but I shouldn't eat below 2481. This seems like a ton of calories is my calculatins right and I need to eat the 2451 per day?

Want to make sure I am doing this right and I don't want to waste time and not be doing this properly, when I can be doing it right and setting myself up for the most suceess.

Hi sweetpea10107,

Here's the Harris Benedict Formula for Women:
    Women BMR = 447.593 + (9.247 x weight in kg) + (3.098 x height in cm) - (4.330 x age in years)

Little to no exercise Daily kilocalories needed = BMR x 1.2
    Light exercise (1–3 days per week) Daily kilocalories needed = BMR x 1.375
    Moderate exercise (3–5 days per week) Daily kilocalories needed = BMR x 1.55
    Heavy exercise (6–7 days per week) Daily kilocalories needed = BMR x 1.725
    Very heavy exercise (twice per day, extra heavy workouts) Daily kilocalories needed = BMR x 1.9

My method which is working for me is using the male BMR formula (as I'm a male) x 1.2 for sedentary, +375 to account for LBM (important if you wish to retain muscle). You don't always need to calculate a calorie defecit like most people beleive. It just helps if you wish to rapidly lose weight from both fat/muscle combined.

If you wish I'll do the calculation for you, I just need your dry weight, height, and age.

Hope that helps,

Justin
  • sweetpea101077
    sweetpea101077 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi Justin,
    I am 5'8" tall, 314lbs, 35 years old and I workout for at least 30 minutes 4 days a week doing jillian micheals etc.
  • sweetpea101077
    Options
    The explainations are great...as I am getting co workers to start this journey as well!

Thank you!
  • sweetpea101077
    Options
    Can anyone also explain the fat, carb, protein ratio for my diet....geez!
  • JustinSLawler
    JustinSLawler Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Justin,
    I am 5'8" tall, 314lbs, 35 years old and I workout for at least 30 minutes 4 days a week doing jillian micheals etc.

Hi sweetpea10107,

The calculation spat this number out as your caloric intake.

I used 1.2, so no matter how much exercise you do, you're always eating in to those calories. If you wish to give yourself a defecit try between 250 to 500 calories.

Keep up the intensive exercise, it will help to burn it off quickly. weight yourself each day first thing in the morning after you go to the toilet to see how the diet is faring for you, if you find after a week you're not losing weight, have a look at the foods you're eating, if they're all clean, look at dropping calories from your carbohydrates.

As for the P:F:C ratio, I don't generally work with that, but if you jump on Google and punch in something like "Protein per lb of bodyweight for a female" it should come up with a pretty accurate answer. Have a read around and validate any information you read. Everyone has their own opinion, so just have a little play around with numbers and see what you come up with.

Justin