Cravings during menstrual (keepin it real!)

Options
2»

Replies

• July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    sugar free chocolate pudding
    yogurt covered raisins
    Lays light chips (made with olean)
    carrots (with a little ranch to dip them in)
    Skinny Cow ice cream sandwichs and bars

I would just be careful of the sugar free stuff and chips with Olean. They are chemicals, thus harmful to our bodies and will significantly slow your desired results and compromise your health (immune system). Just a thought.. :flowerforyou:

Water is a chemical. Vitamins are chemicals. Chemicals are not all harmful to our bodies.

Water and most vitamins are "natural" chemicals. She is talking about the chemically produced artificial sweeteners and the oils they use. You can not compare something that occurrs in nature to something created in a lab.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I like to opt for some type of berry (strawberries, blueberries and blackberries are my favorites) and a splash of heavy cream.

I have blended heavy cream, stevia, berries and coconut milk together and froze for an ice cream type treat.

All natural and tastes heavenly.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Yesterday when cramps hit and I knew the only thing that would help was chocolate, I grabbed 12 almonds and 1 tbsp of real semi-sweet chocolate chips. I ate 2 or 3 chips with each almond and it tasted great, gave me some crunch and the chocolate eased my cramps. I'd already worked out in the morning and had another work out for last night planned so I just tweaked my numbers to fit in the snack, drank a TON of water, and I was fine the rest of the day as far as cravings go.
  • lab_goddess
    lab_goddess Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    For those times, I just try to delay or go to bed early--night time is awful for me in general--i always want to munch. I try to have fruit with a hershey's kiss size bite of chocolate. If i am doing okay on calories, I try to have a meal replacement shake earlier in the evening. If I am craving salty, I try to limit myself to one serving of pretzels with a little hummus, or some red peppers with hummus. I struggle with trying to separate what is in my "head" in terms of what sounds good or what I am thinking of and what I am actually craving. Sometimes it goes away, sometimes not. I just try to minimize the fulfillment or make the best possible choice. I've pretty much limited my evening munching to weekends. I just try to remember that I want to lose the weight more than I want the temporary fix! I also try to NOT bite off anyone's head, LOL!
  • heebiejeebie
    heebiejeebie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I think the "artificial" versus "natural" chemicals is a discussion for a separate thread if anyone else is interested.

However, not everything "artificial" or "produced in a lab" is bad, not everything "natural" is good. Please don't oversimplify or generalise.
  • barresa
    barresa Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    sweets:
    uswellnessmeats.com sells a delicious raw cashew ice cream in various flavors. Healthiest you will ever have.
    healthy energy bars like Raw Revolution
    Kettlecorn popcorn (sweet)

salty:
    Kettlecorn: Touch of Sea Salt (salty)

Health food stores have your best options but read the ingredients!
  • tal202
    tal202 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I tend to just have a low fat chocolate milksake, such as the Frijj one, and account for it in my tally. And I try to make it last over two days of cravings. Also, it fills me up quite a lot so I don't have my mid-afternoon Special K bar so I figure it all balances out.
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    sugar free chocolate pudding
    yogurt covered raisins
    Lays light chips (made with olean)
    carrots (with a little ranch to dip them in)
    Skinny Cow ice cream sandwichs and bars

I would just be careful of the sugar free stuff and chips with Olean. They are chemicals, thus harmful to our bodies and will significantly slow your desired results and compromise your health (immune system). Just a thought.. :flowerforyou:

Water is a chemical. Vitamins are chemicals. Chemicals are not all harmful to our bodies.

Water and most vitamins are "natural" chemicals. She is talking about the chemically produced artificial sweeteners and the oils they use. You can not compare something that occurrs in nature to something created in a lab.

Thank you.

P.S. I'm SOOOOOOOO trying your heavy cream and berry treat when I get back. Sounds sooooo delish right now.