McDonald's burgers are free of horsemeat

Options
Good news everyone! You can tuck into those Big Macs again!

Kind of speaks volumes that one of the safest places to get your beef at the moment is a fast food chain...

(for those who might not know what I'm talking about; there's a big scandal at the moment in Europe regarding horsemeat being found in beef products)

Replies

• Whiskybelly
    Whiskybelly Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Okay. I'm officially done with salad.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    That don't make them taste any better though.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    That don't make them taste any better though.

Not sure thats possible?

Nom nom nom nom nom...
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Horse meat is probably leaner than beef. Why is it okay to eat cattle but not horses? They're both cute animals. I don't eat horse (that I know of) but I think it's messed up we readily accept eating cattle and cringe at eating horse.

I wonder if the Dothraki ate their horses... oh that's another forum.
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    Horse meat is brilliant. A much darker meat but would be fantastic if they started selling it in the UK... well started selling it and telling people about it anyway!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Horse meat is brilliant. A much darker meat but would be fantastic if they started selling it in the UK... well started selling it and telling people about it anyway!

I agree. I have no moral objections to eating horse.

However the drugs they give to horses have been proven to be unsafe for human consumption.

Still . . . I think horse would be a welcome addition to my weekly meal plan.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options

Thanks for that link--hilarious!
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    No objection to eating horse, or snales or raw fish as a matter of fact - just prefer to eat what I THINK I eat...
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with eating horse meat per se. But there is something wrong with labels saying "100% beef" when they aren't.
  • Matt_Wild
    Options

I agree. I have no moral objections to eating horse.

However the drugs they give to horses have been proven to be unsafe for human consumption.

Still . . . I think horse would be a welcome addition to my weekly meal plan.

The drugs they give to none food line horses yes.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    LOL :laugh:

the best thing that can be said about McDonalds.... "our burgers are free from horse meat"

(I'm not a food puritan, I eat fast food sometimes, just that it made me laugh....)

All this fuss has made me wonder what horse tastes like.... wouldn't mind a horse meat big mac to be honest.... just that it has to have 100% traceability and be fit for human consumption.... not too much to ask in this day and age, is it??
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Good news everyone! You can tuck into those Big Macs again!

Kind of speaks volumes that one of the safest places to get your beef at the moment is a fast food chain...

(for those who might not know what I'm talking about; there's a big scandal at the moment in Europe regarding horsemeat being found in beef products)

Unfortunately, McDonalds burgers aren't free of calories. I wouldn't be eating them horsemeat or not.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with eating horse meat per se. But there is something wrong with labels saying "100% beef" when they aren't.

Exactly! That's the only part that bothers me.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    They are only free of horse meat because it's too high quality for their normal sources...

I'll have a 10er each way... I'll get my coat...