Tea shops are my downfall

Options
I simply love tea shops! After a stroll around the shops what better than the beautiful tearooms that entice you in with promise of home made cakes, tea, and worst of all lovely cocktails! I live in the Ludlow the food capital of the world and when I moved here three years ago I had to try each and everyone - just to check out their wonderful cakes etc - well someone has to do it!

Here I am now one stone heavier than when I arrived. I don't want to avoid the tea shops as it is my only weakness :wink: but hey ho I will check my calorie counter app on mobile and see how it goes.

Anyone else out there a tea shop addict?

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• hmbambi
    hmbambi Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi,

I love cakes and chocolate especially. I started trying to loose weight in January and have been doing ok. I am certain that my liking for sweet things is my downfall and really struggle in cafes when they have lots of lovely cakes on display. I have found though that using myfitnesspal to watch the calories means I can have the occasional treat.

Bambi :flowerforyou:
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm a cafe addict, I love me some cheap cappuccino . But hey, everything in moderation!
  • gimny
    gimny Posts: 4
    Options
    I love to order an earl grey tea (hardly a calorie in sight...) and a hot buttered teacake or scone (too many calories) .!

:smile:
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I love to order an earl grey tea (hardly a calorie in sight...) and a hot buttered teacake or scone (too many calories) .!

:smile:

Toasted buttered tea cake, divine. One of my many temptations
  • lynnee47
    lynnee47 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Gimny

I live near Ludlow and work opposite De Greys, if that isn't temptation, then what is.